Anyone in WV???

Does anyone have guinea pigs, and is in need of a boar?
Just like your favorite chick surprises you by crowing, my favorite guinea pig baby is actually a boy. Guinea pigs are social, so he needs another male. IMG_5720.jpeg

Haven't been on here in a very long time but was wondering if there are any other WV folks here. I live between Huntington and Charleston WV. Close to the KY< OH area.

Looking for other chicken folks to chat with. I am now down to 5 chickens. Thanks to various varmits on our farm--- that we know of- 3 bobcats which were eliminated last summer. (one was in the chicken house when found) scared the husband pretty bad. lots of raccoons, possums, and 1 coyote (that was also eliminated) came out about 20 yards from the front door. Boy they are scary looking animals. I had an original flock of 42 and had kept adding on. Even building another coop and run just for silkies. (had about 26 silkies that disappeared due to predators, they only left a few feathers. Still not sure how or what got them.

Now since we are down to 5 my husband has asked that I not get anymore until I finish Nursing school in 2008. So I guess the spring of 2009 I will add to my 5 little hens.

Look forward to getting to chat with the folks on this board. I have learned alot on here. And read some great info and stories.

I even got eggs last years from KY silkies that hatched out some of the most beautiful birds. I think I got 18 chicks out of 22 eggs.
That was thanks to this board.

Tracy in WV
Hi Tracy, I’m in Huntington Wv. I have 6 Hens and 1 Roo . I know a few ppl here who have chickens in the city. Sorry for your losses. I dug 2 feet all the way around my run and buried Hardware cloth as well as put rocks around the outside of my Run. So far, I’m pretty sure we have had a rat tunnel in a couple times. ❤️

FREE Looking to re-home a beautiful, sweet Golden polish Cockerel. Almost 7 months old. He's being bullied by my other 2 Bielefelder cockerels. Near Kearneysville, but will drive if needed.

Attachments

• 20230726_200634.jpg
    20230726_200634.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230726_200650.jpg
    20230726_200650.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230724_194859.jpg
    20230724_194859.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230624_170612.jpg
    20230624_170612.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 2
If I had anymore room in my coop I’d take him, but as it is the roof fell in and I probably won’t be able to get it fixed till spring. He’s cute!

I’m planning on getting some chickens in the spring so I’m looking to enlarge my coop, which process I am trying to plan out right now. I need to figure that out before I fix the roof :).

How is he around hens? And people?
I have a Welsummer, a Delaware, a Plymouth Rock, and a Cream Legbar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi Tracy, I’m in Huntington Wv. I have 6 Hens and 1 Roo . I know a few ppl here who have chickens in the city. Sorry for your losses. I dug 2 feet all the way around my run and buried Hardware cloth as well as put rocks around the outside of my Run. So far, I’m pretty sure we have had a rat tunnel in a couple times. ❤️
I don't know if you'll get a reply from Tracy, doesn't her post say 2008? Anyway, I'm also in WV about an hour out of Huntington. I don't have any chickens yet, waiting to retire. (less than 2 years to go - woo hoo!) But I still like to talk about them. What breed are your hens?

I’m planning on getting some chickens in the spring so I’m looking to enlarge my coop, which process I am trying to plan out right now. I need to figure that out before I fix the roof :).

How is he around hens? And people?
I have a Welsummer, a Delaware, a Plymouth Rock, and a Cream Legbar.
I see. This is my first flock, i spent the first few months of this year building my coop and run so I know what you're dealing with, lol.

Lucian is really good with the girls. (I have 24 pullets 5 Australorps, 5 Redstars, 5-WhitingTrueGreens, 5 WhitingTrueBlues, and 4 Rhode Island Reds) He's not rough with them but gets chased off by the 2 bigger cockerels. They are all the same age, but he matured later. As far as people he's very friendly and has been known to sit on my lap when I'm out with them. This is my thread here on BYC and shows some of my coop and Lucian. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chickens-in-the-run-sorta.1583439/post-27245054

Back
Top Bottom