Anyone in WV???

Pics
i live in the oak hill wv. im 22 years old. i have 9 as of right now. 4 of them i have had for 9 months now. 4 red stars and 5 mixed oeg bantams. i was wonder if there is any one close to me on here. since i dont know of any.im planing on having 12 laying hens, and having a breeding trio or guad of bantam blue laced red wyandottes. if i can find them
fl.gif

If you have any questions contact your local extension office. That will a good place to start. Gilmer county just had a meeting a month or so ago and we got some info.

i live in the oak hill wv. im 22 years old. i have 9 as of right now. 4 of them i have had for 9 months now. 4 red stars and 5 mixed oeg bantams. i was wonder if there is any one close to me on here. since i dont know of any.im planing on having 12 laying hens, and having a breeding trio or guad of bantam blue laced red wyandottes. if i can find them
fl.gif
I'm just up the road outside of Summersville. Good luck finding some. It seems people have a ton of mutt chickens around here but there is a WV Poultry group that comes to the Southern States here. If you have Facebook look them up! Tons of people trade and buy on there.

i ordered me 20 straight run large fowl blr wyandotte. planing on keeping 8 to use as layers. ill be planing on selling some of the chicks from them this fall (local). also im going to have 2 white jersey giant hens. so im going to be selling all the chickens i have now. the bantams are for sale now. they are around 8 months old. ill be selling the red stars later. im going to look for the bantam blrw this fall.

hey ya"ll, just wanted to say, if anyone is interested in silkies or old english game chickens (not bantams) I have several that I would like to let go...cheap they are all about 6 months old if interested pm me. I live in Harrisville, Ritchie Co. I"m also open to trades chickens, turkeys, guineas,brooders, incubators, wire, ect, ect, ect...

I've read posts on here for a while and just read about 4 years of posts on this thread. I live in the outskirts of Weston but there are no zoning laws here which in one of the reasons we bought the place. My 95 year old neighbor loves to hear my roosters crow....everyone else....not so sure. I built a 6x8 coop this fall to put all my chickens in together. I will build the run in the spring. My avatar was killed in September by a hawk. She was a silver duckwing OEG bamtam hen I hatched out the previous year. My pet... She was the first casualty. I stopped letting them out so much. On my birthday in October, I let out my 3 Ameraucana hens because they are old and have been roaming for a couple of years now. Well, I came home from work to find the hawk eating my favorite one... It's a small hawk and the name escapes me at this time but it was too small to carry off the OEG hen which only weighed 20 oz. So I rushed the coop and now they are all in one place.

I am looking to add a few big hens to my coop. I noticed someone has blue turkens. I would very much like to have 1 or 2 pullets/hens or a half dozen eggs to hatch. My Brinsea holds 7 large eggs and 12 bantam eggs.

Does anyone have any Blue Jersey Giants? I would like some eggs to hatch. I keep an eye one ebay and will wait until spring but I purchased 6+ blue/black/splash bantam ameraucana sq eggs last spring and only one hatched. The one time I actually wanted a rooster and I got a little black pullet (Her name's Raven). She just started laying in November. So I also am looking for a bantam Ameraucana (EE)rooster/cockerel. If he has a little blue in him or just a solid color, that would be great.

Has anyone ever dealt with Dunlap Hatchery? They have bantam turkens and I would like to have some. Anyone on here have some?
big_smile.png

I have had two dealings each with Murray McMurray and Ideal and both were positive. I loved my bantam Partridge Rocks from Murray but out of the five chicks not a single rooster...

My chickens are pets, I'm not looking to profit off of them. I just like variety (I really like blues and light reds - NHR color) and hatching them. I usually take them to the Tyler County Fair in early August and sell the ones I won't have room for in the winter and for very cheap. I don't think I've ever asked even $5 for a chicken and on occasion, I've even given some away. I like spreading the joy of keeping chickens. I will pay a reasonable price for a chicken I want though and travel to get it!

I would like to make everyone aware that Locust tree leaves are poisoness to chickens if they eat them... The first year I moved to this house I found out the hard way. In my second order to Ideal, I ordered 5 Blue Laced Red bantam Wyandottes. I sold two at the fair and kept a trio. Well, when I got home from my week at the fair, I let the young chickens out to forage in the yard - under the locust. They lose their leaves in late August/early September. Long story short
wink.png
... I lost the two Wyandotte pullets but was able to nurse the rooster back to health. After some research, I found the locust's leaves to be the culprit. That tree is now firewood...

If you made it this far... I guess I had alot to say in my first post...

OH! And I cannot wait for the Chickenpaloozas to start back in the spring at the Tractor Supply in Bridgeport!

Hello everyone! Im getting ready to start a new flock. I just moved back to the area and was hoping to find someone in my neck of the woods. I live in Preston county right outside of Morgantown. I'm looking for Marans, Wyndottes, Welsummers, and/or Orpingtons. Also I was wondering if there were any swaps held in the area? I also hope to be ordering Ancona ducklings however the minimum shipping number is way more than I need is anyone interested in this critically endangered duck breed?
http://www.albc-usa.org/cpl/waterfowl/ancona.html

Hi everyone! I did some scrolling, but finally found a WV group! We live in Tucker Co. near the Barbour/Preston border on a large farm. As far as poultry, we have 22 hens (combination of buff orpington, barred rock, red sex link, amber hybrid, and australorps) and a buff orpington rooster. They are my little girl's project, and for only almost 22 months she LOVES her chickens! She named her rooster Duke after John Wayne (big fans!). We're actually laying pretty good right now despite the weather, lately getting 15 on a pretty regular basis. I'd love to see who else is near by, what you have, and if anyone is looking for anything or selling/trading birds. We're always looking :)

Back
Top Bottom