Anyone in WV???

Hello! I am in Fayette County WV on the outskirts of Ansted. I have had a small flock of chickens just for egg laying but recently started incubating with my daughter for fun over last winter and now I am beyond addicted :) I have two incubators full with marans, silkied ameracaunas and a couple other breeds that I got in an assortment and I can't remember them all off the top of my head haha. Since December I hatched some part English BBS Orpingtons and some silkies from Garry Farm/Bargain. I just ordered some more silkie eggs from Catdance that will be shipped later this month when my incubators are empty. One thing I never really thought about was what I would do with all the roosters I end up with! I ended up with 4 I believe from the BBS Orpingtons and I am keeping one and giving one to my sister but not sure what to do with the other two. I don't think butchering will be an option because I have an extreme weak stomach and quarantine my husband to the garage every deer season because I can't see blood without getting lightheaded! Anyways I am glad to see so many WV folk here I wasn't aware of this thread til a couple days ago.

I love my polish babies, but youre right, they are a bit crazy when they are young. Mine d9 seem to calm down as they age tho!
this is macklemore, hes a 5 month old buff/silver mix

He's cute!! If I get any more polish I want some tolbunt. My polish are great egg layers though...usually one a day. I have a golden laced roo but hes cross beak but I havent had the heart to do anything with him. He's does fine and almost a year old now. He's getting a little roo-ish now though and chases my feet.

Welcome MollysanWV!!

Hello! I am in Fayette County WV on the outskirts of Ansted. I have had a small flock of chickens just for egg laying but recently started incubating with my daughter for fun over last winter and now I am beyond addicted :) I have two incubators full with marans, silkied ameracaunas and a couple other breeds that I got in an assortment and I can't remember them all off the top of my head haha. Since December I hatched some part English BBS Orpingtons and some silkies from Garry Farm/Bargain. I just ordered some more silkie eggs from Catdance that will be shipped later this month when my incubators are empty. One thing I never really thought about was what I would do with all the roosters I end up with! I ended up with 4 I believe from the BBS Orpingtons and I am keeping one and giving one to my sister but not sure what to do with the other two. I don't think butchering will be an option because I have an extreme weak stomach and quarantine my husband to the garage every deer season because I can't see blood without getting lightheaded! Anyways I am glad to see so many WV folk here I wasn't aware of this thread til a couple days ago.
I've always been able to either sell or give away all of my extra roos by placing an ad on Craigslist

Hey! I live up the road from you (Nicholas County!).
What do your silkied Ameracaunas look like?! I am in love with some silkies and ameries at the moment! our flock is pretty awesome. Was curious about what would happen if I end up with a roo silkie and he likes my lady ameries....

Hey! I live up the road from you (Nicholas County!).
What do your silkied Ameracaunas look like?! I am in love with some silkies and ameries at the moment! our flock is pretty awesome. Was curious about what would happen if I end up with a roo silkie and he likes my lady ameries....
The silkied ameracaunas haven't hatched yet but I will be sure to post pictures on here when they do! The lady I got them from on here had pictures up and they are blue/black/splash and look like regular ameracaunas but they have soft feathers like the silkies. I don't think they are an actual cross of a silkie and an ameracauna. I've never had ameracaunas before so i'm really excited to get some different colored eggs as well :) They are due to hatch in about a week and a half!

Would anyone have interest in a polish pair? They are a great pair around a year old the hen is laying well and both pretty tame. I'm only getting rid of them to make room for my ohikis and seramas. They are free as long as I could get a couple of their eggs later if I decide to hatch a couple. I live right outside of charleston if anyone is interested. I do have pictures of them I just can't attach them.

Back
Top Bottom