Anyone in WV???

That's funny. I put a Hygrometer and egg skeltor on my list. I am sure it will be google by a few to figure out what those things are. lol
I have an egg skelter - they are pretty - but they aren't as functional as I thought it would be. The eggs tend to get going vertical on the bars instead of horizontal and they get hung up on the cross bar support. They are a great conversation piece and the eggs look stunning on there though.

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I was curious about how functional they would be. The idea of it is excellent. If you were designing one to be made, what would you do differently? How would you change the spacing on the bars? I have also seen a new kind that is a kind of box with sections for Sunday thru Sat. but that looks to take alot of counter space that I don't really want to give up.

I have seen another version that is almost completely upright. Reminds me of a DNA strand from science class. It was only about 3-4 inches wide. I am guessing because of how steep the incline was, it would probably roll down better. Considering that I wanted one for duck and chicken eggs, the skelter might not work as well as I assumed. However, I am not opposed to making my own. :)

HELP!!
Anyone near Upshur County that has smaller bodied chickens and wouldn't mind supplying me with hatching eggs?? Wanted to participate in a New Years Day hatch but now my hatching egg supplier has failed to supply in time. ANYONE?? I am not picky on breed.

Back
Top Bottom