Anyone in WV???

Mmmmm strawberries
droolin.gif
That's all you had to say, was that they have strawberries!
lol.png

Anyone know anything about Bourbon Red Turkeys? Thinking of hatching some. Also would anyone be interest in buying some? I am in the Ripley WV area. About an hour north of Charleston.
Also If they hatch I will have some "Barn yard mix" chicks for sale
around June 7 or 8th. Mix of Golden Comet, Road Island Reds and Buff Orpingtons. $2 ea. Also White Guinea Keets around June 14, $4.50 ea.

I have a question. I may be moving to Jefferson or Berkeley area for work. I notice lots of propertys there have a homeowners association. Can I find a rural lifestyle in WV, keep my chickies, and not have neighbors decide what I do on my property? I'm from a very rural part of western NY and I am very leary of HOA's... how does it work? Where is rural WV? Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Last edited:
I have a question. I may be moving to Jefferson or Berkeley area for work. I notice lots of propertys there have a homeowners association. Can I find a rural lifestyle in WV, keep my chickies, and not have neighbors decide what I do on my property? I'm from a very rural part of western NY and I am very leary of HOA's... how does it work? Where is rural WV? Am I looking in the wrong spot?

You will find a lot of rural spots in WV...and it's easy to keep chickens in most places except if you are looking in some suburban neighborhoods that have restrictions. I wouldn't live in those areas either. I would ask your realtor to locate some rural property in that area.

http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct=R&type=268,6843;5,82;6,165&sort=PR_A

But remember 20 WV miles can be a LONG way in the winter!

Rural WV is throughout the whole state. Our largest city has only 55000 residents. You can drive ten minutes or so in any direction off the main road or interstate and often be in the country. HOAs are common because of so many developments but I would avoid them. There are plenty of properties in town and out where you won't have to deal with their nonsense. I'm not familiar with the particular area you mention, though. I'm in Putnam County, northwest of Charleston aka the Kanawha Valley.

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about Bourbon Red Turkeys? Thinking of hatching some. Also would anyone be interest in buying some? I am in the Ripley WV area. About an hour north of Charleston.
Also If they hatch I will have some "Barn yard mix" chicks for sale around June 7 or 8th. Mix of Golden Comet, Road Island Reds and Buff Orpingtons. $2 ea. Also White Guinea Keets around June 14, $4.50 ea.

We're thinking of raising turkeys next year. Just got started on chickens. :)

Back
Top Bottom