Anyone in WV???

hello all. I'm new to raising chickens and new to this board. I live in Weirton, WV. About an hour outside of Pittsburgh & 45 mins from wheeling.

Welcome to the board and to raising chickens. I know where Weirton is quite well. When I drove truck I hauled into and out of that Ball facility over in the industrial park.
What breed of chickens do you have? How many? I have a mixed flock (many different breeds) of 37 mostly Silkies and Crested Polish. I've got way too many roosters though!

Ok so anybody on this thread want a couple roosters? Free to a good home that isn't into fighting them!!! If u want t eat em fine, but don't tell me u r going to. Lol I'm squeamish about eating them!
Ok so one is a gigantic Rhode Island Red/ red Sexlink cross. He's absolutely huge!!! Way to big t mate with my dainty little hens without causing serious damage to them. He'd b good eating, I just couldn't do the deed.
The other is a pure bred Black Copper Marans, he's beautiful but not full grown yet, he just crowed for the first time today, actually was hoping he was a she, he's so pretty. When I heard him crow I told him..."that was a big mistake there Gidgette (that WAS his name before crowdom). If interested PM me. Thanx!

Welcome to the board and to raising chickens. I know where Weirton is quite well. When I drove truck I hauled into and out of that Ball facility over in the industrial park.
What breed of chickens do you have? How many? I have a mixed flock (many different breeds) of 37 mostly Silkies and Crested Polish. I've got way too many roosters though!

I have a silkie, gold sex link and 2 others. I'm not sure what have exactly. Lol.

I'm posting for a friend of mine. I recently gave her three two month old hens to add to her existing flock of three month old hens and two roosters. She has tried to introduce the new hens to the flock but the two roosters immediately attack the newbies. She tried putting them in an adjacent pen for a while to let them get used to one another with no luck. Any advice?

I know that you posted this a while ago but my advice -if u run into the situation again- would be to pull the roosters out and put them in timeout, put the hens in and let them adjust until most of the pecking and squabbles have stopped and the pecking order is back t somewhat normal then reintroduce the Roos. This gives the hens a break allows them to intigrate into the flock then actually helps the Roos to accept them better because they aren't "new" hens anymore and their pecking order is already established.

Back
Top Bottom