Anyone in WV???

Pics
Hello out there-----Im near Shady Springs, WV--near Beckley too--might try to go to one of these- had chickens 11 months now in a sub development-- lear alot form this sight---Teresa in WV

I need to update my signature. I now have a beautiful English Shepherd named Sergeant to help guard the chickens.

I wanted to mention to all of you fellow West Virginians--did you know that there is a Sales Tax holiday for Energy Star appliances? I believe it lasts until November 30.

So if you would be thinking of getting something big like a washer and dryer, now is a good time. We are getting a flat screen tv, as our VERY old one is dying slowly.

But it must have an Energy Star tag. Check this out, I am no expert, but I think this is how it works. It must have an energy star tag, it must be less than $5000, and it must be for home use.

Catherine

Well, by WV standards, I am close.

I live sort of between Morgantown and Fairmont.

Sort of.

I am right on the county line between Mon county and Marion County.

I usually go to Morgantown to see the doctor and to shop. I like the new University Town Centre Mall.

My dogs are making me nervous tonight. They are all barking and barking and barking. I wonder what the heck is out there.

Catherine

That's not too far at all. I like the University Town Center as well. My husband, son and I like to go to Cheddars sometimes. they have good food at reasonable prices. Where do you get your chickens?

I get my chickens from various places.

There is a woman about 1 1/2 hours from me who has VERY nice chickens: Oak Ridge Farms. They also do poultry processing. They keep their place really clean, and the chickens are nice and healthy. They also have turkeys.

I got some Welsummer chicks from Estes hatchery this summer. They haven't started laying yet, so I don't know how well they will lay. But they were nice chicks.

And I had a lot of fun (and some success, limited) hatching out chicks from people on the forum this summer. I plan to do it again next summer.

Back
Top Bottom