Anyone in WV???

Pics
Quote:
I didn't get to see the Rockettes the shows were cancelled and the Metro was not running on Sat.
hit.gif
Sending everyone refunds!! Took us from 6:30 p.m. Friday evening til 3:00 a.m. Sat. morning to get to DC in the 2009 Blizzard which is usually a 3 and a half hour drive. Did have a good time at DD tho and came back yesterday to this!

000_0573.jpg

000_0574.jpg

000_0571.jpg

So I'm sitting inside, keeping warm and looking at one of my trees I have up! DH did not try to burn anything down and the chickens are A-OK!

Quote:
Thanks.

It was soo gray when I had the camera out for the dogs in the snow. Yesterdays sled riding pictures are awesome! The sun was out and it added blue shading...I was quite happy with them.

As far a "the goreous husky"...he is very obedient. Seldom does he not listen. But do you think we can get him to come inside when told now? He comes running up to the bottom steps of the porch, looks at you with those crystal blue eyes, smiles (I swear he does) then takes off running through the snow!

Sandy,

We posted at the same time! I am sorry to hear about your driving conditions but to not see the rockettes?!?! I never even gave that a thought.
hit.gif
hugs.gif
hit.gif

Isn't the snow beautiful?

I must admit that I think I would rather be sitting in that comfy chair you have there working on my crochet, reading a book, looking at the tree, and just staring out at the snow, rather than being out shoveling though.

Glad you and your friends made it back safely.
wee.gif

Hey, West Virginians All, do you know of anyone in WV or the surrounding states who does poultry butchering? There was someone down near Phillippi, but when I called their number, it had been disconnected. Their business name was White Oak Farms.

I need to have about 10 roos butchered, and planned to take them in next week, so I was a little distressed to find that they are apparently no longer available.

Any help you can give in finding someone to do this would be greatly appreciated. I am sort of between Morgantown and Fairmont, so I could go up to Pa, or east to Md if necessary. Or even, I guess, across the bridge into Ohio near Wheeling.

Thanks.

Catherine

Good morning Mountaineers!

Just wanted to report:

9 ice blocks dumped
11 waterers filled
11 feeders topped off

0 frozen fingers!
wee.gif

This is the first morning that I have been able to do the morning chores without freezing!
celebrate.gif

Time to celebrate!

Post your feeding experience today!

I have 3 separate coops to water/feed. 2 of these have heat lamps and the water never freezes so I feed and water all every evening. I only have 1 waterer in the main coop(with about 26 hens) so it needs filled every morning AND evening. So every morning at 5:30am I make my trip to the hen coop and then just refill all the others every evening.

My new chicks are about to outgrow the feeder they are using so I might have to get them something a little bigger soon(26 Production red sex link) and maybe that will make my job a little easier.

I have 7 pullets that are over 12 weeks old and they are really crammed in a small coop. So I’m considering moving them to the main flock to help them stay warm and consolidate some of my feeding chores. I may try it on a Sunday so I can see how bad the older hens punish them… sigh

Last edited:
there is an Amish family in grantsville Md that does a wonderful job of processing chickens. I think it is called Silver Lining processing, but don't have the phone number. They have a clean operation and the chickens are perfectly cleaned and processed.

I was trying to get on the White Oak Ridge Farms web site just the other day and it was down. I have bought from them last year, and they had a great operation - I wonder what happened, as they had hundreds of chickens and turkeys?

Back
Top Bottom