Anyone in WV???

Pics
Quote:
Are you in the counties that have the Blizzard warning too? It is snowing like crazy and that wind is really blowing. I'm hoping the power stays on.
hide.gif

Good luck, hope you stay safe and warm!!
thumbsup.gif

Well, I grew up in Montana. I have seen blizzards where my grandfather had to tie a rope to the door to go to the barn to milk, because he chanced getting lost in the snow if he didn't.

So I would not really call this a blizzard. I have never seen what I call a blizzard in WV, at least not here.

That said, there is certainly plenty of snow to go with here in northern WV. And sometimes it is almost horizontal.

John did go off to work this morning, carrying all my eggs (yup, the hens are laying up a storm, they don't care if it is snowing), but he is driving the 4WD.

My box of chicks is next to me as I type, and I DO hope the power doesn't go off again, or I am going to have a problem keeping the little things warm.

We do have a wood cook stove. I love it.

I am really tired of the snow and cold this year, but hopefully it means we won't run out of water next summer!

Twitter, twitter, chirp, at least the chickies sound springlike!

Sorry to go on--I guess I am getting a little lonely here!

Catherine

Quote:
Well, We did have to tie a rope from the back deck to the henhouse this morning so I could get back from feeding and watering so Yes, it's a BLIZZARD and I have seen my share here in WV. Main roads over the Allegheny mountains were shut down as of this morning.

My chickens are inside the hen house. Although normally they free range, I do not feel that they want to go outside in this awful weather! I have been feeding them cooked sweet potatoes to help keep the yolks of the eggs nice and yellow!

And I do have a box of chicks inside, right next to me in fact.

So, no, I am not seeing them flying past the windows in this 'snowacaine'.

I just hope my husband gets home safely.

I humbly apologize for saying that WV doesn't have blizzards, hope everyone will overlook it.

The turkeys and peafowl and guineas who do live outside seem to be holed up somewhere, and we have been giving them lots of corn and 20% feed to help them survive the cold.

Catherine

Back
Top Bottom