Anyone in WV???

Pics
im from hinton wv

Hey!
welcome-byc.gif
Hinton is about 12 miles or so from me. Great to "see" you on!!

It's time again to reduce my flock. I have Naked Neck project birds including some full feathered ones. Most are from Jan./Feb. hatch and some are already laying. The colors are red/blue/black. There are several nice free roosters too including a couple Buff Orps from TSC. Please feel free to message me.
smile.png

Glad to see the WV's growing! I will be hauling some EE's to teh sale next week unless anyone local wants some (Eastern panhandle) $2 each, range between 1 -3 weeks old with a few that are fully feathered....also have loads of Eastern Wild turkey poults!

LOL, I will be driving through parkersburg this evening....wife would kill me if I brought back naked Necks haha

Hi! I am located in elkview and have a gold spangled hambirg roo, 5 months old, hatchery quality, free to a good home, if anyone is interested. He came in a bantam assortment from my friend and i simply cant keep him. Hes destined for freezer camp at the end of august if i cant rehome him. Pm me if interested! Thanks!

We are running on generator and keeping ears open to see who has more, fortunately I'd filled the jeep so we could siphen it out to use. Lotta trees and damage done...funny, there were no warnings televised for this at all...but I do have eyes and could see it coming. I'd say it was as bad as any hurricane with the force of winds. Lotta large healthy trees knocked down ..hope they can get power back to the gas stations soon..generators maybe?

Three days now with no power, no water, no landline phones, no cell phones. Monpower is saying it will be Friday July 6 at the earliest for Summers county to have power and that is the earliest. I know no one is even attempting to get the fallen trees off the power and phone lines along Route 12. I drove my parents to Bristol, TN yesterday to pick up a generator. That was the closest place to get one. Some idiot stole the generators that Frontier had deployed to the relay stations to keep the land line phones up. So God help us if there is an emergency requiring medical or fire attention. At the stores I have gone to, people have acted like they were in a panic. Actually had a woman try to steal our bag of ice from our buggy in Walmart on Saturday. And we were standing in the check out line to pay for it!! Words were said and she left. I do not handle crowds very well and I told mom we needed to leave. Cars were parked on the side of I-77 due to running out of gas. Beckley was shut down, Hinton was shut down and they were sending people south. The gas stations were mad houses. I have never in my 44 years seen such a sight. My parents are not weathering this hot weather very well. I ended up falling against something in the garage this morning and I believe I have cracked a rib. Yay....I won't be on for a while as I don't know when I will be able to get back up here to DQ to use their internet. I have had about 6 hours sleep since Friday and am running on empty. But I know there are a lot of people a whole lot worse off than me so I won't complain. However, I will be breaking out the 12 gauge to watch my generator since thefts of them are rising. Hoping and praying everyone stays safe.

That does sound crazy, this just lets you know how people will be if another major disator happens..I am glad to be out of cities though, it will be the worst there. At least here I can see them coming. We are told that Thursday would be the soonest for power, but the grapevine says they may have power to the area below us tonight...doubt it, I'm dug in for the long haul. This winter we had power issues so that line was worked over pretty good, so maybe true. I just hope they can keep the phone lines up for emergencies. You'd think they'd have GPS locator in those generators....everyone else does...people like that need prison time.

Back
Top Bottom