Anyone in WV???

Pics
I can't think of any I would say to stay away from. There are some that I personally don't like as much, but I think it depends in what you want in a breed. Do you want layers, eye candy, lap chickens, bug control, potential meat etc. Just like different breeds of dogs, different chickens are bred for different purposes

Last edited:
I agree, just depends on what you want. I have silkies, old english game chickens, and turkey poults for sale. I am located in Ritchie Co. If anyone is interested you can pm me here.

You might also think about egg color too, you can get chickens that lay green or blue eggs. That's fun too. What kind of place do you have? Do you have a small yard, or lots of acreage. Is it fairly developed or lots of predators. I don't know about jumping in and buying too many different breeds, unless you're fine with eating your mistakes! Do you want a particular color or pattern? So many choices.! :)

I am looking for a few muscovies to replace the ones my now rehomed dog killed. I have one chocolate pied female that is very lonely and i am concerned because she has been very depressed this past week over the loss of her flock mates. I will drive reasonable distance and will be able to purchase this coming weekend. Pleasse help me! Thank you!

Thank you faykoko, but i really have my heart set on more scovies - i love their individual personalities and how they follow me around like little puppies wagging their tails! I hope to locate someone with scovies soon, so if anyone has 2 or 3 to part with, please let ke know. I have a chocolate pied hen that is missing her partners in crime! Thank you!

Mountain State Poultry Swap 9/15!

A
277512_421568061212724_1771470960_o.jpg
Everyone is welcome to come to this event! You can bring your poultry, livestock, rabbits, small animals, extra equipment, etc or just come and chat and have a good time!

HELP!
Neighbors dogs killed my 4 hens this weekend. They were about 5 months old, beautiful and I KNOW about to start laying. The dogs broke into the coop. We found two chickens on the neighbors front porch. The rest were dead in the coop. My neighbor is refusing to acknowledge damages. They have a bull mastiff and lab. I called and filed a complaint with the humane society. I don't expect financial compensation but hopefully the owners will be stopped before a child gets killed. We are repairing and reenforcing the coop. Does anyone know of any available egg layers for adoption??? I hate to wait till spring again to start over. Our hearts are broken :{.. RIP little chickies

Back
Top Bottom