Anyone know what this lady is?

Leeloo11400

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 31, 2014
Happy C's Farm, Texas
This is Mama, she is around 7 months old and we got her 2 months ago. Someone was getting rid of all their flock and we took her and our Roo, Ace. She isn't laying yet, although Ace mates with her every day, so I'm unsure as to the color of her eggs. She is grey, has a beard and muffs, red pea comb, grey colored legs, and a fancy tail.

Thanks in advance!

Can we get a profile pic of the bird standing naturally? And how positive are you on age? That triple row comb is giving me a roo-vibe

This is Mama, she is around 7 months old and we got her 2 months ago. Someone was getting rid of all their flock and we took her and our Roo, Ace. She isn't laying yet, although Ace mates with her every day, so I'm unsure as to the color of her eggs. She is grey, has a beard and muffs, red pea comb, grey colored legs, and a fancy tail.

Thanks in advance!

She looks very close to laying age too. You might want to start checking your coop for blue or green eggs soon!

Unless Ace (our Rooster) prefers mating both male and female, she is definitely not a Roo. Ace mates with her multiple times a day. I only have two other hens of mating age and he takes full advantage of all three hens.

My MIL has three more of her "sisters" and a Roo like our Ace. They were all acquired at the same time, from the same person, and were all hatched on the same day. I am nearly positive she is 7/8 months old and her "sisters" are laying at my MIL's house. So I'm not exactly sure why she hasn't started laying yet.

I can work on a picture at natural state, but she is shy and therefore stays away from me as much as possible.

The truth is, I'm trying to find out if she is an EE or an Ameraucana. She looks exactly like the A's I see online, but it's hard to tell if these pictures I'm seeing are good representation of A's.

Thank you all for replying!

Back
Top Bottom