Anyone know what type of hen this is (new pics added)

How old are your chickens and what kind of comb does the first one have? Are her legs bright yellow and short? Her face is not red like most of the dark cornish chickens I've seen. She looks a lot like my barnevelder, but if her comb is a pea comb (which it looks like it probably is), than everyone else is right about her being a DC.

It would be good to see a better pic of the first one but I don't think she's a DC. Now, I have all boys, so it's a little different. But you'll be able to tell by the way she stands whether she's a DC or not.

Adamjenzerr:
Pic #1 Is a gold laced Wyandotte
( cornish have pea comb yours has a rose comb )
Pic #2 I cant see the comb is rose comb? If so I would say a real bad Blue Laced Wyandotte.
( it is for shure not a RIR it has blue in its tail and a yellow comb)
Pic #3 I cant see the leg could be a White Rock.
Chris

Pic 1 is not a wyandotte. It does have a Pea comb. She maybe hatchery stock, but a dark cornish nonetheless. The white bird looks like a rock or cochin. The tail set isn't right for a leghorn, so thats how that can be ruled out pretty fast. Leghorns tails should make an upside-down V.

I know they are bad eggers but all chickens do lay eggs but are the cornish that bad?

Back
Top Bottom