anyone live in Pa

No prob..Its a big building along graystone road - just ask anyone there where the poultry sale is and they will point you in the right direction, very easy to find. There is a small white building next to it where you go in to get your bidder number.

They start at 4:30 selling cages and used equipment outside, then move inside to sell goats then they start on the poultry, when they are finished with that they will move to the back and sell eggs, chicks, cagebirds, rodents etc. then start on the rabbits and pigeons.......

Everything is sold by the piece or by the pound. For example if the tag say 4 -bt (means bantams) that means there are 4 birds in the crate and will be sold by the piece (by the head) If you bid $5.00 you must take all 4 and your total cost will be $20 (4 x 5.00). you always have to take all the birds in the cage or crate, they will not let you pick and choose.

If the tag says 4-50 that means 4 birds that weigh 50 lbs. total and they will sell by the pound, if you bid 1.00 your total cost for the 4 birds would be 50.00. Usually only birds for slaughter are sold this way.

If your not sure how something is being sold don't be shy about asking the auctioneer.

I have to chime in, we are in Wellsboro, Tioga county. New to chickens and new to Pa.
I have RIR, DE's (cause those are places
I used to live) Cochins, Egyptian Fayamous and 1 lonely white crested black polish.

Last edited:
I'm in PA!! Scranton Area...I can only keep quail...
sad.png

Hi Everyone! I'm in Butler Co. outside of Slippery Rock. (That's about an hour from Pittsburgh). I'm a new chicken owner and loving it!

wee.gif

Not happy! Unless I shovel space for them, they don't want to walk in that white stuff! Now, my ducks are another story. They stay out in anything..............

Where in PA are you? I am in Perry County, northwest of Harrisburg. It is snowing now!

Outside of Scranton. Our chickens don't like walking on snow either. They were happy for some lettuce we threw out there, though. They miss greens.

Back
Top Bottom