anyone live in Pa

Hi...Im from Nescopeck PA..in between Berwick and Hazleton. We are about to order our first eggs. Im so excited. We have been reading and preparing for a year now. We were really cautious on whether this was a good thing to get into. Our hearts were just to into to turn away so we are giving it a big try. I was wondering if during the really cold nights, Do your coops have heat?

Hey, you can do this. No, my coop doesn't have heat. It does help if your coop is a good size for the number of chickens you will have. They help keep each other warm if they aren't too "open."
My coop is a drafty old farm coop and I have had chickens in it for 20 years and haven't lost one bird to the weather. I also have guinea hens now. Boy, are they funny!
I have a very mixed flock of chickens by breed and size and they all get along well.

Hello Everyone!

I'm outside of West Chester, PA and I'm seeing so many people from my part of PA!
We need to do a "meet 'n greet" at Pickering Valley in Lionville. I worked in Exton and Pickering was a monthly stop, wether I needed to or not.
I've never bought a chick there but once they had a darling little black Silkie roo. I went back for him the next Monday but someone else liked him too!
I did buy Pheasants a few years ago, for release. They were such a pia. Screetching every time I went near the pen. I could not wait 'till they were old enough for release.
Somehow I thought I needed to repopulate the Pheasants on Pheasant Lane.
I have silkies!
White's and Buff's. They are pampered pets and would not come out today. I guess they heard the forecast of 12' to 20" of snow. The heat lamp has been on them almost daily since the 20" snowstorm on 12/20. One dollar a day....
It's hard to believe I've had chickens since the spring of '01.
But I'm thinking about chicks so spring must be around the corner:lau
Looking forward to see how everyone is coping through February.
Brenda

I grew up in SW PA about 30 mins (on a good day with no rush hour traffic) from Pittsburgh in washington county in a small town called Canonsburg hung out in washington and 84 alot....

But I grew up got tired of the cold ass winters there adn pack up the truck and moved to the great state of TEXAS where it doesn't snow that much and it's not as cold as it is in the north.

SW Pa here!
smile.png

Born and raised in Beaver County....anyone ever heard of Vanport?????

I was born and raised in Potter Township..the Vanport Bridge is in Potter Township..small world.

I live in South Central PA now.​

Back
Top Bottom