anyone live in Pa

I am in PA also. We are in Clearfield county, about 45 min north west of State College. We are new to chickens and are trying to figure it all out as we go...ducks too.

Quote:
I am new as well an expecting my chicks May16th! This site is of great help! I also at the suggestion of someone her went out yesterday and bought "Storeys Guide to Raising Chickens" Hope I learn some new stuff so we do not bother the veterns too much.

I'm in Perkasie, PA. Just got my chicks this week...getting the rest in 8 days. Unfortunately, I will be leaving the area in about 6 week to move to my new farmette in Maryland. The chicken coop is being refurbished as we speak--the girls will be more than ready by then to move in!

Hey bloomingchicks, I lived in Perkasie for 7 years.
Congrats on the farmette, I also bought one (in VA) and hope to be moving there full time in the next few months.

"Storeys Guide to Raising Chickens"

I bought that book the other day as well. We have been so busy with cleaning the brooder boxes (chickens and ducks) and preping a new one for another set of chicks, covering the fruit trees and berry plants (frost)....and a day job!! I have not gotten very far in the book. I want to get other "Storey" books as well.​

Last edited:
I do and am proud i live in pa even if the winters are cold
tongue.png

Quote:
I bought that book the other day as well. We have been so busy with cleaning the brooder boxes (chickens and ducks) and preping a new one for another set of chicks, covering the fruit trees and berry plants (frost)....and a day job!! I have not gotten very far in the book. I want to get other "Storey" books as well.

I pretty much read all of it. Skipping the chapters on meat birds, and culling day! Lots of info, but most of it I had already gotten from here. That speaks highly of this site!

Back
Top Bottom