Anyone order from Farwest hatchery out of Oregon??

They drove the airport to pick them up so I think they were okay, but way too old to ship to me.
he.gif

I finally got through, seems that Jan runs the office alone and is overwhelmed! She said they are understaffed and that is obvious. Well the excuse I got about my eggs not being set is that the Hens are not producing big enough eggs and the guy in charge of setting them has no idea when they will have the breeds I want so long story short I will get a refund but get this, not until the guy who does that comes in over the weekend as he only works Sat and Sundays. Happy news is I will get all my babies on the date I expected after all just from a different Hatchery :) only problem is we got too excited and ordered even more! Can't wait until the 6th!

No they don't hatch every breed every week :( If you call today they will tell you they don't have a lot of breeds available, they aren't even taking orders for them right now.... but probably in September they will be over stocked

Well...Last week I called on the wronge day, though I am pretty sure it was the day I was told to calll... I called about "overhach" today as instructed and was sent directly to voice mail then didn't hear back. I was wuilling to give thjem a chance even with the mostly negitive feedback from people here with small flocks but it seems like a pretty disorganized way to do business. There is someone local expecting Black Copper Marion and Wellsummers due to hatch tomorrow and I guess I will be going to Eugene Backyard Farmer for the rest after all.

Last edited:
Hang in there, I talked with Jan too and she said that they are still working the kinks out of there business, regrettfully these things happen to ALL business's.I'm a small business owner too and have experienced unexpected kinks in my business! Their aweful!!!!

It must be alot harder when your dealing with hundreds of hens with their own personalities and laying problems. I have ordered 25 frizzle and silkie chicks due to ship the last part of April so I am anxiously waiting and also nervous about the negative experiences others are having with this hatchery.

I am ordering from them due to the fact I saw that they are the ONLY hatchery in Oregon who has these types of chickens. I am PRAYING that all goes well and I recieve them with no problems.

I hope this hatchery succeeds and establishes a good solid reliable business for us chicken enthusiastes...(spelling wrong!)

I too hope they work things out but I was at Wilco picking up some supplies and got some concerning feedback about their getting a large number of roos in there hen order last spring so I ended up getting chicks from a local small breeder in Boring. They where hatched on Thursday and we picked them up on Friday morning and other than finding out that the two Marans we got where not sexed, they are all doing well.

Last edited:
Well here it is 2 weekends past and still no refund in the makings.... So and So who only comes in on the weekends to do the finances hasn't been on the ball... hmmm sounds about right. Talked to Jan this morning and more excuses~ I wanted to know if the owner was aware of what is going on? she assumes he does.... that sent me over the edge as please do not assume, let's make him aware. The thing that gets me is I seem to only be able to go through Jan. Update on my order from McMurrays... I ordered 25 chicks, 11 different breeds and less then a week later I had 27 little babies chirping in our brooder.... we lost 1 in which they had refunded the very moment I called (not like farwest in which Im due refund of almost 90.00) needless to say McMurray has my business!!! And the quality of chicks besides quality of business they operate is "outstanding"!!

One of my feed stores who WAS going to use Farwest informed me that they aren't going to use them until they "get their act together". Second year in a row that they haven't been on the ball. :\

Now I AM getting nervous, my chicks are being shipped the end of April and I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order. I CAN NOT go through more stress getting a load of sick chicks or a bunch of roosters. I just lost 30 eggs I ordered through ebay and the seller does not seem to care I lost them and am out $100 plus dollars in ordering from her. Most of them did not even fertilize. Anyways another risk I took and lost..... Guess I better check and see what time frame I have to cancel this order. If the owner "might" know whats going on with his company than he either does not care or apparently overwhelmed and does not have time for his clients. This is not sounding good for them at all........

Back
Top Bottom