Anyone order from Farwest hatchery out of Oregon??

I believe Farwest is atleast temporarily not doing business, I can not get ahold of them for my refund and am still dealing with my credit card company trying to get a refund back since I did NOT get my chicks. I hope Terry gets better and everyone gets their money back. Its sad that all this happened!

But, who is their right mind is going to want to give Far West another try and take a chance again on not receiving their chicks and losing money to boot!

I know, I would be VERY leery doing business with them again and probably wouldn't unless they proved that they would be a honest company that had their stuff together. Regrettfully it looks like this has been going on for atleast 3 years. We don't know all thats happening privately with this family/business and I personally just went through a stroke problem in my family and it wrecks havoc on everyone. So if the owner of FarWest Hatchery had a stroke and its a relatively small business/no assistant manager who can handle taking over for awhile, than you can imagine how things fall apart very quickly. Just given them some benefit of the doubt, NOT excusing poor business ediquette. I'm still out the money/chicks....
yippiechickie.gif

I think there past benefit of doudt stage he should have closed the business down along time ago if he was having problems because he wasn't having a problem taking orders and money from people and not refunding them....

I am not savy with the court system and was wondering if the people that have been taken advantage of could file a claim in small claims court? I have no idea if its leagle or not but im out 85 dollars and no chicks and not really able to do anything about it other than small claims. Any thoughts

You should be able to. But it is hard to get a private individual to pay up. But the threat of having to show up might make them pay.

But I do not know if you would have to do it close to them. Many people are not in the same court system.

I am not savy with the court system and was wondering if the people that have been taken advantage of could file a claim in small claims court? I have no idea if its leagle or not but im out 85 dollars and no chicks and not really able to do anything about it other than small claims. Any thoughts
Maybe they had insurance so it would be the insurance to go against ? Im out a lot more

I'm confused about so many people being unable to get their money refunded. Are the credit card companies not crediting people back for some reason? Have people not contacted their card companies? Or did everyone pay by personal checks? When paying by credit card it is usually a simple procedure to get money credited when merchandise was not received. Even if you paid through paypal, I would think you could get funds returned, either directly through paypal or when you pay your paypal bill with a credit card.

You can take a business to small claims court to get a judgement against them. But you have to decide if the amount you're out is worth the trouble. I believe that you have to file the complaint in the district where the business exists (that might not be right though -- anyone interested in this route should confirm that). If that's not close by, then the travel costs might be more than the judgement, and it is unlikely that you would be awarded reimbursement for the travel costs. You need to pay a filing fee, which would be added to your judgement if you win, but will add to your costs if you lose. And even if you win the judgement, then you have to collect. Small claims court determines if someone owes you money and then tells them to pay it, but the court doesn't MAKE them pay it with that judgement. If they don't pay you voluntarily, then you have to go back to court and request a garnishment against their bank account (assumining there's anything to garnish). Some courts might order a garnishment at the same time as the judgement, but I don't think they do it normally, and you would almost certainly have to request it, and prove why it's necessary.

Ya that was my thought 85 is just enough money to agitate me lossing but not enough to go through a hugh hassel getting back. My bank told me that because i prepaid back in january that i was past the time frame to dispute. Even thou i was not supposed to het the chicks till late april. It from when they took the money out. It sucks.

Back
Top Bottom