Anyone thinking of buying chicks, LOOK AT THIS

undefined:lol: Oh thank Dog! I thought i was the only one who did stuff like that. Got 5 chicks at TSC on 5-3, pure impulse. Thought i would have time to build coop before surgery 5-23 then rain, rain, rain, welcome to Indiana. After op., couldnt do diddly for 2 weeks and 90+ temps. Now Doc wants me to take it easy for the next 6 weeks. Aaarrrggh! 5 6-weekers living in spare bedroom. I shuffle them out back with the ducks for a while in the morning but i dont have the stamina yet to even sit and watch. 88F at 11am yesterday, sweating like pig sitting still! Do any of you all know where i can get 5 chick diapers? I saw on somebodys post that they made em but havent been able to rediscover it. Thx. . .Q

Quote:
http://www.google.com/search?source...4GFRE_enUS317US317&q=chicken+diapers+for+sale

I know My Pet Chicken has them, but from the looks of the search, there are others. No idea how easy they would be to make if that was up your alley....
smile.png

Quote:
Meyer Hatchery has them. But they r like $30 a piece. I would google it and see if u could find a better price. Good luck! I want to see pics if u get them! I have 28 chicks that we got for pets, but r hoping to gain some eggs out of it too. I had my 17 yr old nephew believing that I was buying harnesses and leashes and that he was going to have to help me walk them each evening!
lau.gif
hide.gif
Does that make me a mean aunt??
lau.gif
Also told him were getting chicken diapers so they could come inside the house with us too! He told me that I was completly crazy!
smack.gif
I told him he wasn't getting any eggs! It took about 3-4 weeks for him to figure out that I was just joking with him. But it was so much fun while it lasted!
ya.gif

My husband built our coop with lightning speed! I had my rubbermaids in his utility "tool" room and the irritation and smell drove him to build quickly! He did a very nice job! Now, he is feverishly building the fence/run in 90 degree weather!

Angie

All I can say is.... I thought, for SURE, that I was the ONLY one!!! Girls are going on 2 months old....still in brooder (quite large) in garage & taken out daily for playtime!

ME TOO!! I've got a 6wk BO, 4week d'uccles, and 1 week EE because I keep getting roo's and my coop still isn't finished lol! At least the run is built so they can go out in a secure area for the day and I can round them up pretty easy. For now its in/out/peepeepeep in my living room!! My coop finally got painted this week and the roof goes on this weekend! yahoo!

The quickest pen & coop is a dog X pen and a large dog crate
smile.png
it goes up in a flash and the learn quickly its their pen. When I let my young chicks out to free range they go back in on their own when its lights out. It's in my barn so it has a sheet of plywood to keep the little ones from flying out.

Back
Top Bottom