Anyone up for a Hatchalong?

Pics
Mrs. Sheriff I just received my scale in the mail yesterday. I weighed the eggs last night but they were already in the incubator for 4 days. Is that going to be a problem? Here's what I got:
Egg #1 - 640 grams
Egg #2 - Thrown away was oozing and replacement is on the way
Egg #3 - 641 grams
Egg #4 - 699 grams

This is the recommendation I found and followed. Mine lost 12.8% from Day 1 to Day 49.

On Day 1

On 7 day

On 14 day

On 21 day

On 28 day

On 35 day

On day 39

On day 42

On day 49

It should be close enough Yoda. You mainly want to see that they are all losing steadily, about the same amount. You have some pretty big eggs! Sorry about the oozing eggs. Seems like that has been an issue. Good luck with your hatch. I am so glad mine is over.

Final count: The one I hatched out is a BOY! In babies I have two girls and a boy and 2 ten month old boys. So if they all make it to maturity, I will have 3 boys and two girls! That should be fine. I AM SO DONE! Good thing I bought the two chicks to replace my duds or I still wouldn't have my girl.
th.gif

The one I hatched out is a boy so buying the two chicks was so worth it to get my girls. Now I just have to wait a couple or three years for eggs!
barnie.gif

I posted a couple of videos of the new babies on my blog if you are interested. Everything is calm and quiet here tonight with the babies asleep in their big leopard print sleeping bag. Tomorrow I need to work and getting the little guy to eat and drink more. For now I am enjoying the peace and quiet.

The one I hatched out is a boy so buying the two chicks was so worth it to get my girls. Now I just have to wait a couple or three years for eggs!
barnie.gif

I posted a couple of videos of the new babies on my blog if you are interested. Everything is calm and quiet here tonight with the babies asleep in their big leopard print sleeping bag. Tomorrow I need to work and getting the little guy to eat and drink more. For now I am enjoying the peace and quiet.

new videos??.. gotta go see the babies!!!!!
love.gif

barnie.gif

After checking out your Emu Hatch blog, am I correct in reading that even the bad eggs lost weight? I just weighed my first 2 yesterday and #1 lost 10 grams and #2 lost 15 grams.

Such great vids too!

Back
Top Bottom