Anyone up for a Hatchalong?

Pics
Congrats!!!!! mines are on day 34, no wigles and no nos yet, think have no life at the bator
hit.gif
, not signs at all!!! there are 8 eggs set there, 6 from kalaya and 2 from a different breeder, I have 4 other eggs set on Feb 14 losing the right weight amount. and set on 97 sharp, turning 4 times a day. lets seeeeee! wanna baby emuuuu.....

I'm so happy for you yinepu! How adorable is that lil booger! You have other eggs on the same don't you, what day are they on? I've been keeping track of your charts but I'm on my cell phone & it's a pain in the butt to go back & try to find any info in the threads. Have you been able to tell its gender by the head feather pattern?

Polli, don't give up yet! A lot of people have been having a lot of success with Kayala's eggs so maybe the chicks just sleep a lot? Of course you have those 4 others to so I'm sure you'll get an emu out of it, mine are on day 24 & hopefully are alive n kickin!

Ok here's a question, have any of you had an egg you thought had a slight smell to it, hatch? The last day or so when I open my bator I swear there's a slight smell in there. 4 eggs smell fine but one I'm pretty sure has the faintest smell to it & I can't smell it at the aircell but at the pointy end of the egg...any thoughts?

I had the pleasure of visiting Kayala Emu Estates a week ago to pick up six chicks and 13 eggs. They run a top notch and very dedicated operation so don't give up on the eggs. Some could take in excess of 50 days.....the incubation period is so long in that a slight temp difference can alter the hatch date by several days.

My stinker started slowly. One day I noticed a faint odor that was worse the second day. I sniffed all the eggs and they all seemed to be "off" smelling. By the third day the odor was definitely one of rotten egg. I took each egg out individually and let it sit for a couple of minutes then sniffed it. The stinker was obvious. I asked hubby to verify but he couldn't smell anything. I knew it was bad but we waited until the next morning and placed it in a zip lock bag and tapped it on the garage floor until it broke. Oh yeah! That egg was rotten. We double wrapped it in plastic bags and trashed it. I think they all stink because the smell gets on the shells. Letting them sit helps you identify the culprit.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Mary

I'm so happy for you yinepu! How adorable is that lil booger! You have other eggs on the same don't you, what day are they on? I've been keeping track of your charts but I'm on my cell phone & it's a pain in the butt to go back & try to find any info in the threads. Have you been able to tell its gender by the head feather pattern?

Polli, don't give up yet! A lot of people have been having a lot of success with Kayala's eggs so maybe the chicks just sleep a lot? Of course you have those 4 others to so I'm sure you'll get an emu out of it, mine are on day 24 & hopefully are alive n kickin!

Ok here's a question, have any of you had an egg you thought had a slight smell to it, hatch? The last day or so when I open my bator I swear there's a slight smell in there. 4 eggs smell fine but one I'm pretty sure has the faintest smell to it & I can't smell it at the aircell but at the pointy end of the egg...any thoughts?
i have another that has sounded (and I heard a peep from it)... both of them were from the same shipment from Heston, Kansas

I did try to take a pic of his head.. I might need to wait another day then try again.. but here it is

Congrats!!!!! mines are on day 34, no wigles and no nos yet, think have no life at the bator
hit.gif
, not signs at all!!! there are 8 eggs set there, 6 from kalaya and 2 from a different breeder, I have 4 other eggs set on Feb 14 losing the right weight amount. and set on 97 sharp, turning 4 times a day. lets seeeeee! wanna baby emuuuu.....

i wouldnt give up on them yet!

Back
Top Bottom