Anyone up to set their eggs on Valentine's day with me?

I have 39 that I set on Feb 12th....should be able to candle a couple of those......is it too early for the ones set on the 14th? Maybe I'll just have a peek
hide.gif
I'll be back
smile.png

Last edited:
I don't Get to access BYC too much anymore, but I set some shipped Serama eggs and some of my own bantam Cochin eggs on Valentine's Day. Would like to wish everyone good luck!

sad.png
Well,I now have 38 from Feb 12th....I looked at a few but one didn't look right at all......it looked like it was cracked on all sides but it wasn't....the light really brightened those spots up so I tossed it.The other ones looked ok.....I think,it's so hard with brown eggs
barnie.gif

I didn't bother trying the rest,I hate opening the incubator.

Oh boy, not great news here. Only 16 out of 30 were for sure developing. about 6 maybes, and the rest were pretty clear. I know my temps have been spot on, so I can only guess that there were some in-fertiles.
he.gif

Only 4 of the faverolles were developing. Not to state the obvious, but I was really hoping for better.

Quote:
Oh that's too bad,it's so discouraging when that happens.After a little research last night the one I removed would have likely exploded.....it was weeping too.....I didn't know what that was until I did some reading.I felt it when I took it out.

So all is good this morning,temp 100F/humidity 58%.

Hello all...I candled last night, halfway into day 6. Of my 14 eggs, 4 are clearly developing and the remaining 10 are clear or unsure. I will recandle at day 10 - 12 and remove any not developing or etc.

Considering I decided to do this test hatch without proper preparation, I could have easily put in unfertilized eggs. I did an egg basket grab when I set them. LOL

I candled my eggs and only 4 of my EE eggs showed development. The rest of the dozen was clear
barnie.gif
. The mixed brown eggs seem a little better. I think I only had two clears, and all four of my friends RIR eggs are developing so far
fl.gif

Hiya!
Forgot to update before. I pulled a stinker 36 hours in.
th.gif
I could smell something and candled both batches of eggs though I was SURE I couldn't have one that soon... guessing they have the kids collecting eggs and they don't know not to get them off the floor. I did get one out of the earlier set eggs too.

Candled last night, found another stinker.
he.gif
Have 13 of 24 eggs left and 4 of those are too dark to see for sure yet but I think they are dubious.

I should get something from this setting but I'm not going to win any best % set/hatched awards that's for sure.

Oddly enough i candled too - couldnt stand the weight - had two VERY porous Serama eggs - one leaking like yellow yolk - didnt smell but took them out - candled them - nothing - cracked them open NOTHING ...grrrr. Then i picked up my first Japanese Bantam egg - ok never candled in my life - but jsut like the pictures - SPIDER WEBS - the next same - the next same and so on! I knew i was doing this but seeing them - i had a grin on my face for about an hour! Some not so sure

WELCOME CETAWIN!

Back
Top Bottom