Anyone up to set their eggs on Valentine's day with me?

Quote:
Well that leaves me with three - one came not in the best shape - i had the two porous leaky ones - one has a little spider in it and the other is unclear - but i am not candling them anymore as from i understand they are not real happy being over handled etc LOL

Quote:
Well that leaves me with three - one came not in the best shape - i had the two porous leaky ones - one has a little spider in it and the other is unclear - but i am not candling them anymore as from i understand they are not real happy being over handled etc LOL

Sorry for your egg losses. I'll keep my fingers crosses for the rest of them.
fl.gif
. How far away did you eggs ship from?

Quote:

Sorry for your egg losses. I'll keep my fingers crosses for the rest of them.
fl.gif
. How far away did you eggs ship from?

Um a ways away - we will just put it that way! They were packed perfect tho - they had a two day trip to me - so we will see
how are yours gettign along?

My mixed-breed brown eggs seem to be doing good. I pulled out two that were clear, but only four of the EE's were any good. The four RIR eggs that I'm hatching for a friend are all developing.

I sort of cheeted and set some more eggs a week after Valentines day. I know, a bad idea, but there was a snaffoo with the second set of shipped Serama eggs so I had to set them after the first set. I have bantam Cochins from my own eggs, two seperate sets of shipped Serama eggs and some of my own Serama eggs. My splash bantam Cochin roo is a rock star!! Every single egg is fertile and developing!!!! Not such good luck with the shipped Serama eggs, looked like only a couple maybe 3 in the first batch are doing anything(out of12) and I haven't candled the second batch yet. Will do that tonight....maybe. I have a total of 68 eggs in my bator. I have never set so many. Haven't candled my own Serama eggs yet either. New roo, new hens together may not be fertile. Crossing my fingers!

Quote:
Well i knew the shipped Serama eggs were NOT advised - but had to try it - i hope your own will do well for you?
What day into this are most of you candling ?

I'm hoping for at least one or two chicks from the shipped eggs, would like to ad some new blood to mine, looking for some smaller ones. Most of mine are B and two C(they are really pretty hens though). I know it's risky, but.....cannot........resist! Wish everyone luck! Sending good fertility vibes:)

Back
Top Bottom