Anyone up to set their eggs on Valentine's day with me?

Still have two of two... candled today briefly and they are going strong. Can't wait!!!
lol.png

Tossed two more eggs.....ugh. I use a glass aquarium with screen lid for a brooder. I am very sad about my Serama eggs but thrilled for my bantam Cochin eggs. Haven't tossed one of them! Fingers crossed they all hatch. I wish everyone great luck. I expect this string will be a hot one this weekend!!!!!

Yes i am down a few as well - BUT when i just by chance candled one of the Japanese Bantam eggs again i saw a head and a lil beak! How neat is that!?!?!

Getting excited and nervous for Friday! I believe all 7 turkeys are doing well and 12 of the 14 chicken eggs seem to be on track
fl.gif
I will be having my children help me set up the big plastic tote for the brooder in the next day or so. It's so much easier getting them to help set up than it is with keeping it clean lol

My humidity rose to 45 - 50% the last couple days. I hope that isn't going to effect things too much.
hu.gif

Quote:
Do you just clamp the light on the top of the tote? - about how high are you setting the light above the bottom o f the tote?

Quote:
Do you just clamp the light on the top of the tote? - about how high are you setting the light above the bottom o f the tote?

I use totes too and if they have a lid, I cut out a large section and cover it with wire or just cover with chicken wire and place the light directly on the wire. I change the watt of the bulb as the chicks get older and need less heat.

I have candled all my eggs ths saturday -- been doing staggered hatchs and they all have development. Can;t wait for lockdown and hatching as these will the first of my own eggs.

So how is everyone doing? We go into lockdown on Friday! I got my brooder - well sort of piece parted together redneck brooder put together LOL - and all ready to go!
Is everyone candling one more time before lockdown?

Well, if you'll recall, I couldn't wait till V-day and set my eggs on the 12th
hide.gif
So I actually lockdown tonight. I am going to candle and toss as soon as it is dark enough tonight. I haven't had any stinkers, so I haven't tossed any, but I think the bator will get a little lighter after tonight.
Home stretch folks! Everbody get you digi-cams charged up and ready!!

Back
Top Bottom