Anyone up to set their eggs on Valentine's day with me?

Well my first baby is here. As I did not mark the eggs prior to this test hatch, I can only assume that this is one of the Frizzled Serama/OEGB babies because it is black looking and the only black I have is a mottled OEGB hen. Soooo time will tell about this baby after it dries. If it is dark blue, it could be the baby of the OEGB we shall see. Baby still has a piece of shell stuck to it's back
lol.png

IMAG0297.jpg

IMAG0296.jpg

My DH cracked open (without my knowledge) one of the two remaining eggs and it was not fertile. I have one egg left in there and I'm not sure if that one was developing when I candled before or not. So, if you don't count the non-fertile eggs that were removed from the incubator already. All of the eggs, except the last one still in there, hatched. I think that's pretty good for a homemade incubator.

Quote:
That is good! Congratulations! I have had similar good fortune with my home-made. So far 12 of 16 have hatched out perfectly and on their own effort. Still waiting on the last 4, I have high hopes....
fl.gif

Came home from my trail ride to two chicks (Banties) and three pips!
I'm doing cartons for lockdown, and one pip is on the small end, so I tipped it out and on to the floor... don't want iit to get stuck! Now it's chipping more to zip...
whew!
gonna be a long night! brooder is set up now, and ready for the new brood!

Back
Top Bottom