Anyone used cconly coops?

I was wondering if you still like your coop heading into the fall and winter rainy/snow season. There are always so many mixed reviews!

My smallest would work, but $525.00 plus 200.00 delivery. But I have seen some decent tractors on craigslist in Atlanta in the 400.00 range.

Thank you very much! I ended up purchasing a different one, not from CConly. I did a lot of research and will be weather-proofing our coop. I wish I could have purchased one from you! Hopefully, next time around, I'll be able to build my own! :)

I received a CConly coop in June 2012. It does its job for about 13 chickens. They are a little cheaply made. You have to handle it with care. I use it in Nebraska and it is currently winter. Have to be careful not to move it alot. It will come apart. I have a heat lamp inside to keep the chickens warm. It is warm enough. It is hard to keep clean in the winter since I don't want to move it for fear of coming apart. For Nebraska's winter, I would recommend something built stronger.

YIKES Folks! Thank you for the heads up! I was prepping to order my cconly coop this morning and thought I would look it up once more. Thank you! We live in the western part of VA near WV, MD boarder. Its always windy here! I was concerned if the coop was flimsy and could hold up in the wind and winter. It has been known to pull the siding off houses on a normal day. We are on a limited budget and cant spend a whole lot on a coop. We need something for 4 ducks, 2 cambells and 2 welsh harlequins, and possibly 2 runners. Any suggestions? We priced building our own, but since we are new at this would like to purchase one that is built already then after we can figure out how to build. Price is a concern as well as quality and size. Any suggestions? We have looked online with craigslist and other local papers with no luck. Thanks!

I just assembled a CC-05R1 coop this weekend. It is a small one, for my Chocolate bantam Orp, but I was impressed. It was from the 2013 line, might have been improved. Cost $233, went together quickly, about 1 hour, excellent instructions w/all bolts/screws/hardward identified. I like that it bolted together, I also used wood glue as they advise. It isn't heavy wood (1/2 inch fir) but with the bolts it is sturdy. The floor in the nest is just drop in, I glued it & will add trim on the inside to help hold it in place. I will paint it w/good exterior paint before putting it out. I think it will certainly do the job. Could probably get 3-4 bantams in it but my Fudge doesn't like chickens so she will probably be alone.

Not all of us are fortunate enough to be able to build a coop for one reason or another. Although I do have some construction experience my DH does not & building a coop was not an option. In a small town, hard to get someone else to do it. I will be buying another coop from this company.

My girls are really looking forward to getting outside if it ever warms up & stops raining. Now I will have a safe place to put them. And they will be out of my guest bathroom.

this is the one I got hope it lasts I ordered 8 bantams and hope it works out.

Back
Top Bottom