Approaching first hatch---and super nervous!!

I have been really struggling with how to wrap up this thread. I think the best thing I can say is thank goodness for all of the chicken support group helpers on this site. I made it. The eggs from Florida were a disaster except for 3 cute little silver laced polish:

The crele hatch did great! 6/7 viable at day 18 made it. The last eggtopsy showed organs outside his/her body. It really never had a chance. Here they are!

I was able to talk with the guy who sold me the colored layers, and he offered me some replacement eggs which I thought was nice. I ended up with 2 Isbars (1 splash and 1 black), 2 Bielefelders, and 1 cream legbar roo. They really make me laugh. The Biels were born essentially teenager sized and are HUGE at week 1:

I hatched 15 total and 1 died, so we landed at 14. A friend gave me a silver laced polish female chick that I don't believe to be very good in terms of conformation--not a very nice top knot, but it was sweet of her. I miss hatching already and now have another dozen to set in the morning. They are 6 golden laced polish and 6 white crested blue polish. I'm really excited about these little biddies!!

Thanks for holding my hand, everyone! Liv

This is such a happy ending to an interesting thread! Thanks for sharing your journey!

Back
Top Bottom