April Fools 2016 - New Development: Chicken Feed That Changes Egg Shell Color!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As cool as this sounds, I think it would be more of a novelty than anything. I chose white leghorns when I bought my chicks last year because they're good layers. Sure I've wished I had a pretty colorful basket of eggs instead of just white and plan to get more of a variety when I can. However, my concern with this product is for anyone who intends to breed their chickens (as I hope to eventually) further down the line. How is this going to affect the breeders? Will the eggs still be fertile and what about the life span, genetics and health of the future chicks? There's a lot to be considered besides just the color of the eggs. A bit too close to GMO than I'm comfortable with.

"Chixy stix"

Does this mean there's a feed in work to create see thru shells too?

I already am obsessed w/ the incubator during hatching, if this happened I may have to take "family leave" during incubating!!!!!
jumpy.gif

As cool as this sounds, I think it would be more of a novelty than anything. I chose white leghorns when I bought my chicks last year because they're good layers. Sure I've wished I had a pretty colorful basket of eggs instead of just white and plan to get more of a variety when I can. However, my concern with this product is for anyone who intends to breed their chickens (as I hope to eventually) further down the line. How is this going to affect the breeders? Will the eggs still be fertile and what about the life span, genetics and health of the future chicks? There's a lot to be considered besides just the color of the eggs. A bit too close to GMO than I'm comfortable with.
I'm wondering if next they will formulate feed to make the chicks any color of the rainbow instead of having to inject the poor things in the shell with coloring they will feed this feed to hen and their chicks will be already different colors when hatched. New Chicken breed "Rainbow " chickens {it will be GMO free though}

A "novelty" idea in America for "cosmetic purposes"? Naw it'll NEVER catch on.
Pffff my hens will be asking me for beak jobs&color co-ordinated saddles next. "But the hens down the road said"

I'm wondering if next they will formulate feed to make the chicks any color of the rainbow instead of having to inject the poor things in the shell with coloring they will feed this feed to hen and their chicks will be already different colors when hatched. New Chicken breed "Rainbow " chickens {it will be GMO free though}
sure would have helped the guy tossing his chicks in clothing dye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom