April Fools 2016 - New Development: Chicken Feed That Changes Egg Shell Color!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with LRRanch - I think this will have a very negative impact on marans and breeds descended from South American blue egg laying birds, and breeders of these birds trying to earn income from them, and sellers of these breeds'eggs - their value has just plummeted.

I avoid dyed salmon, but I represent a very small percentage of the market. This will instantly go corporate and be a passing marketing trend making a few people lots of money, but will have a longterm negative impact on the breeds.

I wouldn't worry too much about long-term impacts to chicken health or the chicken breeding world. Based on my detailed knowledge of poultry physiology, I am confident that the effects will last no more than one day.

So if egg-dyeing science is this advanced, could feather colors be changed in the future? "Blue" chickens have been around for ages, but sky blue chickens would be rad.

I wholeheartedly agree! What makes colored eggs special is their rarity and the variety of colors in my egg basked each day. Since each color has to be fed separately with this feed-- requiring separation of the hens to get differed colors-- I fear this will be used in factory farming to increase sales. That is a very bad thing indeed.

It isn't hard to select breeds for egg color. I love my mixed flock!
X 3!!!!! STOP messing with nature! Natural surprises are the best!

How about:

Magic Shell
Chickie Gal's Shell Color Potion
Gee Your Shells Look Terrific! Shell Color Perfection
Shell Envy Color Miracle
Are those Shells For Real? Shell Dye Job For Color Enhancement.
Better Than Bare! Shell Color For Gorgeous Eggs.
My What Beautiful Shells You Have! Shell Color Perfection.
Take Your Shells To Luxurious Colors! Egg Shell Color Experience.
Shells Without Color Are Like A Sky Without Stars!!! Shell Color Beauty.
A Shell With Color Is A Hen's Best Friend! Egg Shell Color Fantastic.
Fairytale Dream Egg Shell Color Magic.
Aren't They Dye-lovely! Egg Shell Color Burst Feed.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom