April Fools 2016 - New Development: Chicken Feed That Changes Egg Shell Color!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this turned out to be one of the most entertaining (and well done) April fools threads so far. I didn't fall for it of course (though I did fall for the last two
hide.gif
). Thanks for the laughs Nifty + Staff!

We can always count on Nifty and his team to set up a good April Fools Prank.
I called Nifty the Easter Bunny and my post got deleted! :gig

I didn't fall for it this go around, but I did several years ago, in 2011. I was ready to rush out and buy more chickens that year. BYC had a high demand for eggs and (as a fellow sufferer of chicken math), I didn't want to let BYC down! :lol: Thank goodness I didn't go out and buy more layers, as the whole thing was just a prank. :rolleyes:

Well done! :clap

I've never been on BYC during April 1st so I've always missed the fun until this year!
wink.png
The foil prank my sister fell for completely and I didn't realize where she got this information until a year later (we had foil in our nesting boxes for awhile....)
gig.gif
!

I've never been on BYC during April 1st so I've always missed the fun until this year!
wink.png
The foil prank my sister fell for completely and I didn't realize where she got this information until a year later (we had foil in our nesting boxes for awhile....)
gig.gif
!
OMG....you are too funny!!
gig.gif

I fell for this April Fools idea too!! However I never got to the point of putting the foil in.
tongue.png

OMG....you are too funny!! :gig

I fell for this April Fools idea too!! However I never got to the point of putting the foil in. :p  
I'm probably one of the most gullible people on here. Thank God a friend brought it up the day before. I'd been calling around looking for this stuff in all the feed stores.

Yesterday I sent the link to a non-chicken friend who hasn't quite paid attention to my explanations about egg colors. She thinks holidays colors would be good and is wondering about Red for Christmas...do you think that might ab possible? Will have to break it to her gently. LOL

I'm wondering who the joke was really on, those members who fell for it? Or those administrators who were fooled into monitoring this thread to delete/edit every single reply posted and sending out those "Congratulations for spotting it and please don't spoil the fun" PMs to those who got it? And don't feel bad if you were one of the many who thought this was a valid thread, I have been posting on newsgroups since the late '80's and have been fooled enough times that I have become wary of anything posted on April first!

Great job by the Admins who came up with this, the OP was very well worded and official sounding.The only thing missing were source references (which, of course there were none to reference)!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom