APRIL FOOLS HATCH, give or take a day.....who's in ??

emjay, congrats - beautiful little fluffy chicks.

It is really early here, like 6 AM, on day 20, (not officially day 20 'til 5 o'clock this evening), I have at least 8 pips out of my 26 eggs. None of DIL's 10 eggs have pipped yet. Hers are Jersey Black Giants, mine are all some mix of which will be EE chicks.

got 6 chics sofar on day 20 and 8 more piping now,there popin like popcorn all jersey giants blue and splash, and 1 mutt, no orps yet,but there on there way ill load pics when i move this first batch, wohoooo:weee

I had to go out for a while this morning and one had zipped part way when I was leaving, by the time I got home, around a half hour ago, it was out and another was struggling to rid itself of a piece of the shell on top of it's head - little top hat.
tongue.png
There is still about a day and a forth left to day 21 official setting time, so these guys are a bit on the early side. The are not even quite dry yet. Hard to know if I could get pictures yet as it is a Hova-Bator with the two little windows in the top. Maybe when the hatch is complete, I can snap a few before they go in the brooder box. Gotta run to TSC and pick up a bag of chick starter later. Hope they don't have EEs in the store, don't know if I could resist allowing a few to follow me home.

lol on the top hat. i had one that hatched out and fell right into another eggshell beside him lol ,he was stuck there for a min:gig i have a hova bator too, i wish i had bigger windows but cant complain too much it does a good job of hatchin some babies.

Well it's day 22 and only one of the tree has hatched still, nothing out of the other two. I'm struggling to remain patient because I have heard that it's fairly common for Marans to be too big or have a tough time getting out. I didn't have that issue with my last hatch but I've heard that from a few people. I'm not even seeing a lot of rocking so I desperately want to candle if nothing has happened this evening. On the upside the chick I have is the most adorable and snuggly little thing! My regular feed store has a 6 chick minimum so I'm going to call around today and see who has chicks without a minimum in case I need to get my little one a friend.

thanks wildtrapper and mmmaddie. they do look big in my kids hands don't they? haha.

Thanks, Scooter is very happy and healthy otherwise, here's hoping, probably a roo too after all this effort, haha.

8 chicks so far and 10 have piped so far , 3 more to pip on shipped eggs and it will be 100% hatch, ya now thats pretty cool and to add 5 blue jerseys,1 black jersey, 1 splash jersey and 1 buff orp so far

Back
Top Bottom