Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Last night I was thinking about the saying, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

Boy does it have A LOT more meaning to me after hatching for a while!

Last night I was thinking about the saying, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

Boy does it have A LOT more meaning to me after hatching for a while!
That one, and "don't put all your eggs in one basket". That's my justification for needing another incubator
big_smile.png

Boy does it have A LOT more meaning to me after  hatching for a while!

My 6-year-old granddaughter learned what this phrase means. Someone asked her how many chickens her grandma (me) has. She told them a number and my daughter said, is that right? because she couldn't believe she knew. And my gd said, yes, counting the ones in the incubator, lol. So my daughter had to tell her that the saying goes, don't count your chickens before they're hatched. And then I got only 4 out of the 6 I was hatching....case in point.

^ Congrats!!!

I put 6 turkey eggs in the incubator last night. And picked up 4 dozen more eggs from my chicken buddy. And I have 18 eggs sitting on the counter :oops:

I guess I'm starting another hatch :gig

Day 10 candle - My two maybes are confirmed wigglers. I have one that I really couldn't tell what it was doing. I think I saw movement but never did see the actual embryo like I did in the others. One other I thought might not be doing anything but didnt write which one right away and when I went back to check I couldn't find the one I'd been looking at because they all moved. So long story short I'm going into day 10 with good odds on babies.
Looks like I'm unintentionally going with the dry hatch method. Realized that the water reservoir was dry and I have no idea how long it's been that way. But, since I was initially worried about air cells being too small and they seem on target now I'm going to leave it. Will check again on Friday and adjust accordingly. When I go into lockdown should I fill both reservoirs? I dont have any way to measure humidity so I can't fill it just enough to get a certain percentage. Only 8 days til lockdown! *Kermit arm flail* Aaaaghhh

Back
Top Bottom