Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
I had a surprise this morning! My little Betty is a momma. 1 more of her eggs is pipped.

I'm glad they are ok to be in the incubator a while because tonight is a late night for us. I think I'm going to have to do some work on one's feet. 5hey look a little curled under but we will see. If I have to flatten the out I can just put bandaids around them right?

Even more pipped
jumpy.gif
trying to sit on my hands to stop my self from opening the incubator.
hide.gif

How do you guys stop yourself?

Update:Another Turken hatched

Last edited:
I had a surprise this morning! My little Betty is a momma. 1 more of her eggs is pipped.

I'm glad they are ok to be in the incubator a while because tonight is a late night for us. I think I'm going to have to do some work on one's feet. 5hey look a little curled under but we will see. If I have to flatten the out I can just put bandaids around them right?
congrats! There is a thread on here about curled toes and splayed legs. You just make them a little sandal! Good luck!

Physically leave the house...go shopping, go have a cup of coffee, go for a long walk...just anything else!

I second this with a modification: go shopping for more eggs/incubators/chickens - it's the only way to be sure you'll be gone long enough!

I have a broody who made a noise reminiscent of a monster from the old B&W Godzilla movies, complete with dramatic angry swoopy-bite action. I think she's serious about brooding, what do you all think? :)

Should be locking down eggs yesterday, but they are running cool so I'm going to wait until I hear internal peeping before I up the humidity. Don't want to risk raising it too soon. I think actual lockdown may be tomorrow night if I had to guess. So much going on, it's crazy! Can't wait for these special eggs to hatch though!

I thought I posted here when I put my eggs in the bator, but don't see my post..Anyway, I originally set 29 eggs---father is a bantam Cochin, mothers are various standard egglayers. Only 7 eggs were fertile when I candled at 12 days. Today they are hatching! I'll just have to buy a few from a farm store---i really only was hoping for 14.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom