Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Day 18. I've removed two eggs this week, one was a no-start, one looked like it quit around day 7. So I have 8 remaining going into lockdown tonight. I can't wait to see these little ones! They're hatch date is Thurs - my daughter's 13th bday. She's pretty excited to see what her silkie/cuckoo marans chicks look like.

102 will not cook them, their moms body heat is higher than that, worry if it gets to 105-107, your should be fine. how long they spend at the higher temps may make a difference on development if a critical protein is denatured.

I thought the kill point lowered to 102 in forced air incubators? Is that not the case?

today is hatch day, but ALL 17 eggs that went into lockdown hatched last night!!

we set 28 eggs on the 7th, (or.. the afternoon of the 6th) 2 quit (1 of those got dropped while candling, just enough to crack the shell... :( ) the rest werent fertile!

I would say that the cooler bator my hubby made me is a huge success!!!

good luck to all who have pipping and zipping!!

jumpy.gif

I thought the kill point lowered to 102 in forced air incubators? Is that not the case?
time at temps is also a factor-so you couldnt incubate them successfully at that temp, but *according to my thermometer* in my lg table top i got spikes in the 105-111 range a few times, now the 111 was what it was when i got home but not when i left 5 hours before, that killed more than half my then developing bantam eggs-late development stage, but not all. in the cases of 105 spikes i still had 'plenty' survive. by plenty i mean it happened multiple times and i didnt keep track. i gave it all up about a month ago and bought a sportsman. i lent the table top to my friends who have a stable house temp and they got a spike up to 103-104 once that i know of and they hatched 11 out of 16.

Back
Top Bottom