APRIL Hatch a long ......Anyone?

So far we have 7 of 7 chicks all hatch, one has a leg problem, he came out that way, but he's getting around well on it, and we hate to put the little guy down if it's not hurting him or keeping him from getting around. He's running along with the others! Kids named him hobble so he'll be our special little guy! We still have more coming this month, so hopefully all goes well with them!:D

okay so here my hatch along :) 6 welsh Harlequin duck eggs due to hatch the 22nd and 7 more due to hatch the 29th 2 royal palm turkey eggs putting 5 more in tuesday the 6 white Chinese geese eggs just went in yesterday the 2 quail eggs due the 29th are just some a neighbor found 2 weeks after he sold all his off to my surprise they are growing all the other eggs are due to hatch in may also putting 2dozen polish eggs 3 dozen easter eggers and 2 dozen mixed layers in a different incubator Tuesday :-/ to think in Jan I started with one incubator and here it is 3 incubators 2 I incubate in and one I use as a hatcher oh also had 4 baby cockatiels hatch while I was at work today

Last edited:
All 5 of my turkeys have hatched!! That's all I had in this one because I accidentally put them in on the wrong day. Lol. So far, except a few non fertile eggs in the beginning, I've had a 100% hatch rate with turkeys!! My little one I thought I killed so assisted is sleeping so I can't tell how its doing really. Some are still wet and fresh, so I'll be moving them out tonight. 8 more turkey eggs under my hen, & I'm all out. Sure wish my new RP would start laying!

Quote:
A friend hatched some Amerucanas for me, one had serious foot problems. His toes were all curled and knarled on his right side. He walked, but with a serious limp. His name is Festus (of Gunsmoke fame) and he has become the best roo. He takes care of the girls- they always come first. He is a big guy- how I'm not sure because I never see him eat. He gives everything to the ladies. Wouldn't trade that gimpy old man for a coop of hens <3

Last edited:

Going into lock down in about 4 hours with 8/10 French Wheaten Maran eggs. Wish me luck. I'm going to set up my sponge and water line to increase humidity and remove the turner and locking them down! Any last minute words or suggestions?

Quote:
A friend hatched some Amerucanas for me, one had serious foot problems. His toes were all curled and knarled on his right side. He walked, but with a serious limp. His name is Festus (of Gunsmoke fame) and he has become the best roo. He takes care of the girls- they always come first. He is a big guy- how I'm not sure because I never see him eat. He gives everything to the ladies. Wouldn't trade that gimpy old man for a coop of hens QUOTE] That is awesome! We had a dog named festus off of gunsmoke when I was a kid lol. Because he was lazy and would lay around all day lol.

Going into lock down in about 4 hours with 8/10 French Wheaten Maran eggs. Wish me luck. I'm going to set up my sponge and water line to increase humidity and remove the turner and locking them down! Any last minute words or suggestions?

Well I am a rooky momma, this was my first hatch. But I would suggest monitoring humidity, And keeping the lid closed, and being patient! Good luck! Can't wait to see baby pics!

All 5 of my turkeys have hatched!! That's all I had in this one because I accidentally put them in on the wrong day. Lol. So far, except a few non fertile eggs in the beginning, I've had a 100% hatch rate with turkeys!! My little one I thought I killed so assisted is sleeping so I can't tell how its doing really. Some are still wet and fresh, so I'll be moving them out tonight. 8 more turkey eggs under my hen, & I'm all out. Sure wish my new RP would start laying!

that is so amazing!!! congrats
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom