APRIL HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
My next batch has started hatching my very first Blue Copper
wee.gif
I have Welsummers and rock/cornish cross though I don't think more than one of those will hatch. My next hatch is silkies but that's in May These are starting a day early really tomorrow is day 21 so I hope that is good news
D.gif

tonight was supposed to be lockdown,
I had a pip this morning when I took oujt the turner, so everything had to be done in a rush, to get it back in the incubator quickly before it could shrink wrap. added the shelf liner. filled the water troughs, added the egg cartons, moved all the eggs and closed the incubator as quickly as possible.
I came home from work to a light brahma making a fuss about being the only hatchling in the incubator.....lol.
so far no other visible pips or peeps.......

Today is the actual due date, but yesterday, we managed to witness 5 hatches... by this morning, we have 9... 5 more to go! One bad thing - we have one that looks stuck in it's shell. I think it may be deformed. It zipped completely but will not come out of the shell - looks stuck... what could be wrong? It's been like that since 5 p.m. last night...

Here's progression of the first one to hatch...

hatch1.jpg

hatch2.jpg

hatch3.jpg

hatch4.jpg

check your humidity...it may have dried to the shell. if so, then you just use warm water when the hatch is over to help moisten it out of the shell.

Yes, to me, it looks like it is dry to the shell, but the humidity has been maintained 65% to 70% this entire time since day 18. It also has some kind of weird wet look to the other end of the egg, like something from inside made it wet - is that normal?

sometimes they just don't look like we expect, I would not be too concerned until the hatch is over there isn't much to be done about it, unless you decide to pull that one early.

if you open the incubator to help it, you may put others in danger of shrink wrapping.....
it is your decision.....

congrats to all the hatches. I am in lock down as of Today and if all goes right I might have chicks starting to hatch hopefully Friday when i am off work.

Humidity was down a bit when i got home but its okay now. Been at 60% and just hope I can get it to stay that way while i am at work. Normally dh helps me keep an eye on it when i am not home and he is but he is out of town for wrk and I have to be at wrk at 4am.

I am trying to keep an eye on the humidity tonight so i can make sure i can get it to stay at 60 before i go to wrk tomorrow

deana

Quote:
I also opted do to use the egg carton method for my 1st hatch and lock down this morning.
so far so good but the little temp hike and the low humidity i came home too. but right on track now. Dh tried to get the temp up before he left out of town and did not stick around long enough to see if it was okay.

I have 9 mutt ( barnyard eggs) in the bator.

Temp at 101 and humidity at at 59
deana

Well no more movement. I haven't tried to check them yet, but probably will tonight.

Final hatch was 4 BCMs, 2 Bir Marans and 1 Blue Ameracuana.

On the up side I have 12 WC Blue Polish and 12 Olive Eggers in the bator and more on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom