Araucana, Ameraucana or Easter Egger? Learn the differences.

Sure do! Have a nice starter flock of Araucana that just need to do some growing up and filling in!

77322_abe_gold_leakage_009.jpg

77322_bees_n_araucanas_031.jpg

These are two pictures of the same cockerel, top picture was taken within the week. I wish I could share a better picture of rumplessness, since you have a tufted picture already!

Quote:
Wow. Really cool. Thanks for sharing! Where did you get your stock? I see that he's banded, are you going to be breeding them?

I hope to breed I love them, they are so quirky! I was lucky enough to get two tufted and rumpless boys, and quite a few pullets who are tufted and rumpless too. My stock came in the form of hatching eggs from Lanae (Cash's Blue Eggs), Chicken Scratch Poultry, and also a few eBay sellers who had actual Araucanas.

He's a real handsome fella......love those tufts! I just hatched some eggs last week......have 4 chicks, 5 days old......3 have tufts and they all seem to be rumpless. Love them already but they are all pasting up......I heard this is common in Araucanas......don't know if it's true and I'm having trouble getting it resolved.
hmm.png

Quote:
As if it weren't difficult enough to hatch Araucanas, pasty butts add insult to injury. Bummer.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom