Araucana thread anyone?

Fluffy picspam time!

The cleanfaced chick

My new avatar
love.gif

Chick was Zzzzzz the entire time. There is a peduncle in all that fluff, haha.

Beautiful!

That is so amazing Stacy. Definately you are going to want to do more hatching from the same bunch of chickens.

Lanae

so i was at our local feed store on saturday picking up supplies and saw this hen in with a large group of sex links. it just seemed odd to me that there was one araucana hen so i brought her home. im starting to think shes not a lady at all. i havent heard much noise out of it but occasionally looking at me with its beak open as if to say something that never comes out. but my wife said she was crowing quite a bit while i was out and that we have got us a rooster. can anyone give me some opinions?

Holy tufts! So I just finished a small hatch of 11 eggs, from my own girls before 3 out of 4 went broody. Eight managed to hatch (since my small flock is tufted x tufted this makes sense that there were some dead in shells), and SEVEN of those eight are tufted!

These are going to be a foundation flock for a woman in lower Michigan. She's been trying and trying to hatch shipped eggs with no luck. So, I offered her all the Araucana chicks from this hatch and the one due next week (10 eggs). I definitely won't renege on that offer, but wow, what amazing hatch!
Great Hatch! How are the broodies doing? Still breaking the pips?

Show Champion at the Mother Earth Fair APA show Saturday. This is "Stevie", Rob's bantam black. She is blessed with gorgeous tufts and was in perfect condition, for once. Reserve of Show was a Jersey Giant.

Show Champion at the Mother Earth Fair APA show Saturday. This is "Stevie", Rob's bantam black. She is blessed with gorgeous tufts and was in perfect condition, for once. Reserve of Show was a Jersey Giant.
Beautiful and congratulations.

Lanae

Big congrats! She is a marvelous girl, no wonder she won show champion!

Back
Top Bottom