Araucana thread anyone?

Oh I got a private message about this on facebook on a Michigan poultry group! I thought the message was about the article was just on Homesteading Today and was about to share it here. I am very glad to see it here, too!

Who would a potential writer contact? Is there a special email provided by Hobby Farms? While I don't think I'd do an article justice, I'd be more than happy to share the full version of the photo in my avatar, if the need any pictures!

Oh I got a private message about this on facebook on a Michigan poultry group! I thought the message was about the article was just on Homesteading Today and was about to share it here. I am very glad to see it here, too!

Who would a potential writer contact? Is there a special email provided by Hobby Farms? While I don't think I'd do an article justice, I'd be more than happy to share the full version of the photo in my avatar, if the need any pictures!

I'm the one who posted it on Homesteading Today.

They do not want an entire article, just 2 or 3 paragraphs.

If someone is interested, pm me, or better yet message me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ladycat00
I will put you in touch with Sue Weaver, the lady who's taking the submissions. She will explain the details better.

I have no connection with the magazine. Sue Weaver is a Facebook friend, she works for the magazine and she asked me if I can find anyone who has Araucanas who would write a short blurb about them.

I'm the one who posted it on Homesteading Today.

They do not want an entire article, just 2 or 3 paragraphs.

If someone is interested, pm me, or better yet message me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ladycat00
I will put you in touch with Sue Weaver, the lady who's taking the submissions. She will explain the details better.

I have no connection with the magazine. Sue Weaver is a Facebook friend, she works for the magazine and she asked me if I can find anyone who has Araucanas who would write a short blurb about them.

Got it, so something short. Any publicity on the breed is great! I'll let folks know on facebook and the Araucana Club of America!

Hello everyone! Poultry Show next month if anyone is in the area. I posted this on facebook but wanted to share here too. We would like to have a ACA special meet, and possibly set up a breed table.

District Meets:
American Bantam Club
American Brahma Club
State Meets:
American Poultry Association
American Langshan Club
American Silkie Bantam Club
Nankin Club of America
Sebright Club of America
Special Meets:
Ameraucana Breeders Club
Belgian D’Anver Club
National Call Breeders of America
Cochins International
International Waterfowl Fanciers Association
Old English Game Bantam Club
Plymouth Rock Fanciers Club of America
Wyandotte Breeders Club

Premium book is ready to be downloaded. Go to https://lebanonpoultryfanciers.wordpress.com/

Oh yes, I understand the hatch rate because of the fatal tufted gene, but I want to know about what percentage of the eggs are actually fertile because I have read that rumpless breeds like the araucana have trouble mating because of the lack of tail

My opinion? Lack a tail has nothing to do with fertility. IF there is a structural short coming that causes infertility, I would blame extreme shortness in the lenght of the rooster's back.

When breeders choose their breeding stock they need to be sure they choose hens and roosters that have good body structure, including backs with the proper length.

I am assuming you are incubating eggs from this rooster?

Do you have pictures of him?

Back
Top Bottom