Araucana thread anyone?

Pics
So I took some pics of the chicks the other day these are the one’s from Midsummermoon. Tomorrow is day 18 for the batch of skyblueegg time to remove the turner and go on lock down. Pics to follow the older chick is from a batch I bought on ebay also.

44626_dsc03801.jpg
mg]
44626_dsc03799.jpg
g]
44626_dsc03780.jpg
g]
44626_dsc03777.jpg
img]

I forgot one chick I will load those later.

Ahhhh, these pictures make me just itch for my hatching eggs to arrive!!!!! Your chicks are beautiful. Any idea how many roos and hens yet? Are those Anatolian Shepherds checking out the babies? We are pretty set on finding an Anatolian for our place, but boy, it is proving complicated finding a puppy. How do your Anatolians work for you (obviously they are great with the chickens) and where did you get them from? Thank you, thank you, thank you for the pictures!

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey they are Anatolians two of my five are Anatolians. I love them they are great dogs. We have goats chickens and what ever I bring home from work (I am a Vet-tech and dog trainer) they guard everything that comes out of my garage or barn , but keep my property free of any kind of preds (coons, coyotes, foxes, lose dogs they all avoid the area like their life depends on it.) . These same dogs lay on their backs so the kids can rub their belly or act as a reluctant pedestal to a chicken or baby goat.

here is where i go my dogs but also a breed rescue

http://www.asdogs.com/index2.ivnu

http://www.anatoliandog.org/rescue.htm

Here is the chick from midsummermoon that forgot to post. They are a cute little trio, today if it warms up they might get some time in the sunlight out side. The other pic is of my male Anatolian he is about 2 ½ now and my Boerboel she is prob close to 4 or five both big fans of chicken TV. Hard to snap a picture of one of the other critters goats or chickens without the dogs getting some face time.

44626_dsc03793.jpg
g]
44626_dsc03671.jpg
img]

The babies are just precious, thank you for sending me the link. What a surprise!
lol.png
Are all these babies from me or just the little blue bundle?? I thought you ordered the rumpless eggs?? Please forgive me if I'm mistaken...LOL, my mind is slllooowww today (no coffee to function properly)
big_smile.png

LOL, adorable. You've done a great job raising them...and ALL are just darling babies. You have my email (or can pm me any time), so please stay in touch and let me know if I can help with anything hun. I'm so proud...do I qualify as a "grandma" now
wink.png

I just found a tinny little bit of white tipping on the under wing feathers of my one black Araucana hen that I had thought would be perfect to breed to a blue tuffted roo. How detrimental is this trait to a breeding program?

I'm really enjoying this thread
cool.png

I have 3 Araucana's. Rudy is a standard sized clean faced rumpless BBR rooster. Slinky is a mid sized pullet, not sure of her color and not sure if she is an oversize bantam or a smaller sized standard. She is rumpless and clean faced. Then Merle is a bantam, blue pullet with the blue and blue speckled color sort of like a merle colored aussie dog. She is clean faced and has a tail. She's in a pen with one of my Serama roosters because of the cold weather. She's definitely a bantam and has the prettiest blue eggs inside and out. Slinky is still maturing so she might get a little heavier, she's not laying yet.

Back
Top Bottom