Araucana thread anyone?

I have this cute little Araucana chick that is 8 days old now. Unfortunately it can't eat on its own. For some reason he/she hasn't figured out how to get the food from the tip of its beak to the back of the mouth so it can be swallowed. Is this a common problem in Araucanas? All my other chicks are getting big and doing well. This one poops OK and goes nuts at the feeder trying to eat. He/she even picks up food and runs around with it but always drops it before it can get it down the hatch.

Any ideas on how to help the little bugger out?

And what is up with the beard? It is adorable, but are they supposed to have beards?

wet their feed till it learns to eat.

Thanks for the advice. I have been trying everything, including wetting the food. He pecks at the food and runs around with it stuck to his face, but can't seem to get the food far enough into his mouth to swallow it.

Thanks for the advice. I have been trying everything, including wetting the food. He pecks at the food and runs around with it stuck to his face, but can't seem to get the food far enough into his mouth to swallow it.

it seems that this chick has some problem. my chicks behave like that when they are not hungry but they just don't want to leave feed tho the others.

Quote: Okay...Yes, I know who Jim is
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom