Araucana thread anyone?

I would LOVE to get some eggs from her, if you plan on sharing any this spring.

I love the Red Pyle color. Is she your only Pyle hen? She's just beautiful!

She is unfortunately my only Araucana hen. I will put her with the rumpless wheaten bbr male this spring. I do not know what color I will get. I am totally new to this and Lanae was the one who told me she was a Red Pyle.

I guess this is a question for Lanae - help! Would you mind speculating what colors I might get in breeding the Red Pyle with the wheaten bbr rooster?

THANKS!

Little Man's leg color is correct for bbr, Ari's was not. However yellow legs are correct for at least the white araucana, I'm not sure if any other feather color has yellow leg color as correct.

She is unfortunately my only Araucana hen.  I will put her with the rumpless wheaten bbr male this spring.  I do not know what color I will get. I am totally new to this and Lanae was the one who told me she was a Red Pyle.

I guess this is a question for Lanae - help!  Would you mind speculating what colors I might get in breeding the Red Pyle with the wheaten bbr rooster?

THANKS!
Is your rooster wheaton or BBR? They are 2 different colors. The rooster look similar, but not the hens. If he's BBR, you will get some red pyle looking ones, the white just replaces the black on red pyles, you could think of them as white breasted red.

Is your rooster wheaton or BBR? They are 2 different colors. The rooster look similar, but not the hens. If he's BBR, you will get some red pyle looking ones, the white just replaces the black on red pyles, you could think of them as white breasted red.

Both roosters are wheaten.

She is unfortunately my only Araucana hen. I will put her with the rumpless wheaten bbr male this spring. I do not know what color I will get. I am totally new to this and Lanae was the one who told me she was a Red Pyle.

I guess this is a question for Lanae - help! Would you mind speculating what colors I might get in breeding the Red Pyle with the wheaten bbr rooster?

THANKS!

I'm pretty sure if your hen is dominant white (which is necessary for Red Pyle) then her offspring should look similar to her when bred to Wheaten. Though Wheaten females lack a salmon breast, like BBR hens have, so I'm not sure exactly what the chicks will look like.

But I'd still be interested in chicks to see what hatches, just for fun! At the very least I might end up with something beautiful like her.
smile.png

What did you think of the U0fA Araucana's or did the NN scare you too much, lol? I'm like you, they sort of scare me but I think they're cool, just creepy cool. Did you buy any Araucana hatching eggs?
We got Araucana, Favorelle, Houdan and silkie. Unfortunatly of the 12 Araucanas only 2 hatched. It was one boy and one girl. Again, unfortunatly we had to sell the male as he was a little too agressive and we had roo overload in a mixed flock. He was a beauty though even if he had a georgous tail. Perch our girl is still with us and definatly has her own personality.

Her tufts would be bigger if the other birds would leave her alone.
wink.png

Hello all! Could this girl be entered into a show? My kids desperately want to put a chicken in a show, but we don't have show-quality birds. This Araucana is beautifully tufted, even more so than the pic shows, but is not 100% white and has yellow legs. Not tail, obviously! I don't need to WIN, I just need to not be laughed out of the show, for my kids' sake. Could she reasonably enter?
She looks like she is light blue cuckoo to me.

Back
Top Bottom