Araucana thread anyone?

hi all
could I call this male araucana? he is on the right with australorp chick's
he is rumpless pea comb and beard, he hatched from blue egg that came from araucana chicken his sister is cleand face.

hi all
he is rumpless pea comb and beard, he hatched from blue egg that came from araucana chicken his sister is cleand face.
He is not the American version of Araucana. Your boy has beard and muffs, the araucana in the U.S. is tufted. Where do you live?

hi all

What part of the world are you in? In the United States, beards are not a breed trait of Araucanas. They are found on Ameraucanas and commonly on hatchery concoctions known as Easter Eggers. But in other parts of the world, beards are part of the Araucana standard. So if you are in the U.S. your lad isn't an Araucana.

Hehe, you beat me to it :D :D :D
lol.png

I dont know a lot about them but Im wondering about the lack of tail feathers.....do the chicks not develop tail feathers when feathering out? Does any one hae have pics of the
babies and how they develop? The reason Im asking is I have a yard of mixed breed that every once in a bird I get a tailess one. Im wondering if there isnt somthis breed mixed in my flock.

I dont know a lot about them but Im wondering about the lack of tail feathers.....do the chicks not develop tail feathers when feathering out?  Does any one hae have pics of the
 babies and how they develop? The reason Im asking is I have a yard of mixed breed that every once in a bird I get a tailess one.  Im wondering if there isnt somthis breed mixed in my flock.
they dont have a tail bone, so no nub for feathers to grow out of

I dont know a lot about them but Im wondering about the lack of tail feathers.....do the chicks not develop tail feathers when feathering out? Does any one hae have pics of the
babies and how they develop? The reason Im asking is I have a yard of mixed breed that every once in a bird I get a tailess one. Im wondering if there isnt somthis breed mixed in my flock.
I would say the mix is very possible. The Araucana (prefered in the U.S.) doesn't even have a tail bone (as I understand it).

Well, I was trying to down load a couple pics for you but for soome reason they won't load. I'll try later. By two weeks they have no tail development at all where the others have obvious tails. That is what my pics show. Hope this helps some.
idunno.gif

The brown chipmonk chicks are the Araucanas. These are at 5 days.

This is at 2 weeks. If you blow up the photo you will see the Favorelle (whose butt is in the photo) is developing a tail and the Araucana is not. Hope this helps Lobzi.

This is one that Im wondering about. It is going on 7 weeks and no sign of tail feathers. I did feel a tailbone though. It just has the strangest feathering pattern going on. Wing feathers then shank and "knee feather
s. Finally she/heis getting some feathering on her chest and down her back. I wish I had somepics of my tailess gray hens. They are so cu te

Back
Top Bottom