Araucana thread anyone?

Hi All
Man do you have beautiful birds on here.
5 years ago I started a flock 'cause of this breed. As of yet i have not had any.I live on long island and would love to geta couple this spring. Anyone out there with chicks for sale I'd love to talk with you.
Kassandra my EEers I got from you last spring/summer are all doing great.ill have to get pics to you.
Again beautiful birds folks
Carol

Shows:

Be careful when you enter your birds. A young man entered Ameraucanas and 1 Araucana. They labeled the Araucana as an Ameraucana and until he showed them the bird in the SOP they were not going to change the show tag. Luckily he spelt Araucana correctly or they were not even going to accept it as such. In fact they stated it was an EE prior to this. They are so scarce this was the only one that was there.

Last edited:
Hi All
Man do you have beautiful birds on here.
5 years ago I started a flock 'cause of this breed. As of yet i have not had any.I live on long island and would love to geta couple this spring. Anyone out there with chicks for sale I'd love to talk with you.
Kassandra my EEers I got from you last spring/summer are all doing great.ill have to get pics to you.
Again beautiful birds folks
Carol
Oh cool I can't wait to see, I wonder about my "grand chicks" sometimes. lol

BBRed Araucana are wheaten, so are silver duckwings supposed to be silver wheaten or oegb style silver duckwing?

I'm in ohio....would u sell the chicks...I really wanted tufted birds

I live in Ohio and would sell hatching eggs. This time of year is too cold for shipping eggs, but if you live close to me you could come pick some up. This time of year, fertility is down too.

I also have a couple of pullets that I would sell.

I live in Norton, a Ohio, which is near Akron.

Let me know.

Carmel

Carmel (Coberdor) sold me eggs last yeat and to date they are the BEST Araucana in my flock. I love them! One hen is very heavily tufted and I will be entering her in a show, just for fun, in the spring. Thanks again Carmel!

BBRed Araucana are wheaten, so are silver duckwings supposed to be silver wheaten or oegb style silver duckwing?
Hi Cubakid,

Silver duckwings are supposed to be based on wild type like old English game. I think when based on wheaten the shoulders are too dark, so more like a Salmon which is incorrect.

Lanae

this is Not correct. you can have a "Clean"(no red enhanced shoulder, clean silver) Silver Duckwing based on wheaten.

example some not red enhanced salmon faverolles
I have yet to see a non red enhanced araucana. Maybe that is where the problem lies. The araucana is a dark red wheaten like the cubalaya, which to me means that it is red enhanced and would not make a good silver wheaten, which I believe is what cubakid was referring to. Am I incorrect?

Lanae

Back
Top Bottom