Araucana thread anyone?

You all get the chocolate/dun thing figured out. Then when crossed with the barred araucana we will have chocolate bar araucana aka Hersheys!
smile.png
Already on the list of to-do's

I'm new to chickens (just under a year) and my first group of Araucana chicks arrived the end of last August. I never took a biology class, and even if I had, there is no way I could remember those things from way back when. I need the help of those with more understanding than I have of the genetics of this breed.
I know I like color. Unfortunately, my group of chicks arrived with about half of them being black, even fewer with tufts, and then a few tails too. I'm not sure what I will do with the blacks - sell some, keep some, or sell all - but the color... that's what I want to work with the most. I need help identifying their color genetics so I can use the calculator. Also, what are the major flaws with each. Any help you can provide to help me learn please.

These are my colorful misters.

Mister blue man

Val

Red

Hi. I would love to find some Aracauna hens, preferably, eggs second choice. These will be our first Aracaunas and we are on a learning curve. Would anyone have hens we could acquire or eggs to sell? We are in WV. Thank you! Great home, kids involved, by the way, if that is of interest to you!

I just updated the for sale page on my website. I send out email blasts every time I put a new bird for sale on my website. If you want to be included in the notifications please go to my website and sign up. Also take a look at the birds I have for sale.

http://www.cashsblueeggs.com/forsale.htm

The black breeding pen that I have for sale is an incredible steal at that price.

Lanae

I agree...That is a Steal....Glad I have 3 black hens from you....I am setting their eggs...Wish I could afford more right now!!! If my husband didn't just by me a Sportsman, I would be on this for sure. :)
Thanks Lisa,

I am glad you like the girls you got from me. That was very sweet of your hubby to buy you a nice incubator.
My tufted black show hen is the mother of the two pullets I have for sale in this breeding pen. I have her with the tufted roo and am hatching eggs from them until this pen sells. I don't want to breed black anymore, but I cannot, not incubate the eggs. I always tell myself, I dont' want black, I will just eat the eggs and then I end up putting them in the incubator. That's how I ended up with the two pullets. They come from another black rooster I had.

Lanae

Back
Top Bottom