Araucana thread anyone?

Aloha,

I donʻt think that Lanae Cash does black Araucanas but she is a top breeder of Araucanas.

For blacks, I recommend Chicken Scratch Poultry and Smoothmule(her handle on this site). Smoothmule has the nicest black Araucanas but is not always selling.

Aloha, Puhi

skyblueegg.com (Ann Charles) doesn't have any currently listed for sale... finding a perfect black is probably going to be almost impossible... breeders don't sell their best since they need them to keep improving... best bet is to find the best you can and work from those... good luck and hope you find what you're looking for...

Thank you. That is my hope as well. I am aspiring to have the most wonderful representation of the breed I can afford and will do my best to improve upon it. Faults are normal but there are a few that are deal breakers (wrong egg color, non rumpless, and wrong ear color). I think most everything else I can breed out as far as feathers, feet and such...
I've heard once Brown genetic code has been bred to a bird it's nigh impossible to remove. (14 codes carry Brown color) so egg color must be true blue.

My new gorgeous boy... a surprise present, lol... can't wait to see him filled out...

Back
Top Bottom