Araucana thread anyone?

I have couple of questions about my roo... First of all is there a name for his color? Secondly what is your opinion on his comb? Is this what's considered 3 rows and a tight comb? Do you think there is a good chance he will throw blue egg genetics? Thanks
20170520_152538.jpg
20170520_152511.jpg
in advance!!

I have couple of questions about my roo... First of all is there a name for his color? Secondly what is your opinion on his comb? Is this what's considered 3 rows and a tight comb? Do you think there is a good chance he will throw blue egg genetics? ThanksView attachment 554042 View attachment 554043 in advance!!

He's not a standard color, very mixed color... closest he would be is *similar* to blue wheaten but the chest should be full blue...

He's got 3 rows, yes, but his comb is a bit high... you want it more compact... also, his leg color is a bit off, it should be willow colored...

If he's all you have to work with, you can, but will take time with him... if he's a prospective purchase, if you can find better I would recommend that, if not, is up to you...

He's not a standard color, very mixed color... closest he would be is *similar* to blue wheaten but the chest should be full blue...

He's got 3 rows, yes, but his comb is a bit high... you want it more compact... also, his leg color is a bit off, it should be willow colored...

If he's all you have to work with, you can, but will take time with him... if he's a prospective purchase, if you can find better I would recommend that, if not, is up to you...

Thank you so much! I got him 5 years ago out of hatched eggs off of ebay. He's my only rooster this year but I hope to have some of Ray_n_ Debi's hatch out next week and get a new roo. I'm confused on the proper comb mostly. So I want something closer to the skull and tighter than the rows on him? I'm focusing mostly on blue eggs and hopefully some tufts, I figured he wasn't anything special :)

Thank you so much! I got him 5 years ago out of hatched eggs off of ebay. He's my only rooster this year but I hope to have some of Ray_n_ Debi's hatch out next week and get a new roo. I'm confused on the proper comb mostly. So I want something closer to the skull and tighter than the rows on him? I'm focusing mostly on blue eggs and hopefully some tufts, I figured he wasn't anything social :)

Nice!

She has gorgeous birds, but haven't seen her active on here in a while... :confused:

I sooo wanna start an Araucana breeding program. Found sky blue Araucana online but just haven't quite took the plunge...Big investment but great started birds. Also found another person called Araucanaaddict on Facebook who is in Pennsylvania. Sells chicks for 10 and started pullets for 100. But, doesn't have any both tufted and rumpless chicks at this time only started ladies. I'm moving soon and once I get my new set up I am going to start seriously seeking some lines out. Does anyone know of some other reputable breeders?

Just saw this... you're in Ohio? Where are you moving to?

I'm staying in Ohio just going a lil more rural south east towards Adams/Brown County area. I want more than an acre and some woods. I found a beautiful spot with 10 acres... Praying my house sells soon so it's still available

I'm staying in Ohio just going a lil more rural south east towards Adams/Brown County area. I want more than an acre and some woods. I found a beautiful spot with 10 acres... Praying my house sells soon so it's still available

:fl

Give me a holler once you move if you want a start up on Araucanas... I've driven to Kentucky a few times to meet up, lol... have a friend over near the Winchester area... :)

I also am selling my house in order to buy some land. let's pray together, maybe God will hear us!

Back
Top Bottom