Araucana thread anyone?

Lanae, I hope you feel better today.
hugs.gif

Here's my bantam pullet. She's being prepped and pampered like no other bird on our property has ever even dreamed of - all in hopes of having her at the peak of perfection come October 1st for the Montana Great Falls Poultry Exposition. She's looking great!

69745_penguine_3.jpg

Here's her "I'm too beautiful for this" look.
69745_penguin_1.jpg

She has always been called Penguin, but we are on the hunt for a more stage worthy name.

Quote:
Hmm, "stage worthy". You can keep Penguin and add "nobility" or "money" to her name.

Lady Penguin or Princess Pen
Penny Penguin or Penguin Cents (a play on "sense" for Mr. Happy Feet whose sense of direction led him to NZ)

Ooo, or a color name like Sable Penguin or Penguin Noir.

Here's hoping this gives you a few ideas to toy with! Beautiful girl!

Quote:
Hmm, "stage worthy". You can keep Penguin and add "nobility" or "money" to her name.

Lady Penguin or Princess Pen
Penny Penguin or Penguin Cents (a play on "sense" for Mr. Happy Feet whose sense of direction led him to NZ)

Ooo, or a color name like Sable Penguin or Penguin Noir.

Here's hoping this gives you a few ideas to toy with! Beautiful girl!

Awesome - I love it - especially "Lady Penguin." Sounds important......

I think that we are going with the Spanish version of Penguin, which sounds so exotic (and we Montanans are soooooo into exotic
wink.png
) and is a nod towards her breed's Chilian heritage. We are, however, changing it from "Pinguino" to "Pinguina," so feminine! I don't know enough Spanish to know if this adding an "a" to the end is the proper use of the feminine in this circumstance, but I'm going with it.

I have two Bantam Araucanas that are about 5 months old. They free range all day. They are usually in their coop between 7pm and 9 am. Should I be hoping for eggs soon or will they likely wait until spring? I have noticed a bit of feather loss..but nothing major. Do I need to worry about them making their own nest in the yard? Should I start locking them in later?

Back
Top Bottom