Araucana thread anyone?

Some of my new babies..
big_smile.png

These eggs came from Beth G....Thanks for the awesome chicks, Beth!!!!!

92185_new_chicks_016.jpg

92185_new_chicks_018.jpg

92185_new_chicks_022.jpg

92185_new_chicks_005.jpg

92185_new_chicks_017.jpg

92185_new_chicks_015.jpg

92185_new_chicks_002.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Chicks. Do I see some tufts???

Those mottled araucanas are awsome looking! Speaking genetics... is mottled a white bird with black splotches or a black bird with white splotches? Is the mottling gene added to a white or black bird?
I love the patterned araucana. I think it is because the tail is such a show piece in other breeds. Since they don't have a tail for show, the patterns looking amazing on their round little bodies! Every time I see a new color pattern on this breed, I save the picture in the wish file. Mille Fleur, Tollbunte, Barred, Mottled, I am really drawn to the patterns.

Last edited:
Oh look at the little babies. I see a baby bonnie, a baby bella, and a baby midnight
smile.png
(meaning I know who the mamma is
smile.png
) Just and FYI if you have black chicks they are all split to Lavender so if you breed the Lav chick and the blacks you will get more Lav Offspring
wink.png

So cute! Love it
love.gif

Quote:

frow.gif

Sorry about the loses
sad.png

The first chick is from a Blue Hen Skye with a Lav Roo Clyde over her.

The heavy tufted is my Bi-lateral tufted hen Midnight with the Lav Roo Clyde I can tell those beautiful tufts anywhere
wink.png

The clean faced rumpless blacks are my black pullet (midnights daughter) with Lav Roo Clyde over them so they are splits. If you breed any lav's or them together you could get pure lav colored chicks.

fl.gif
praying your chicks stay safe and healthy
hugs.gif

So glad you were able to hatch some out. It breaks my heart to sell my Araucana eggs as eating eggs if ya know what I mean, knowing some beauties can come about
wink.png

Best Wishes, Beth
smile.png

Quote:

ndoles - they are BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations and I hope you are feeling quite proud of yourself for having successfully hatched out Araucana chicks. Thanks for all the wonderful photos. Enjoy those little cheepers!

Whoah! I'm awake now!

Beautiful tufts, wonderful photo, but it's a bit startling when it first pops up on the computer screen!
I LOVE IT.
smile.png

How DID you get that shot? I have tried for a head on tufts shot about a thousand times. It is one of the best parts of owning tufted araucanas - the goofy way they stick out the sides of the heads like that, but try to get it on film.......

Back
Top Bottom