Araucana thread anyone?

Quote:
See what? Where? LOL!

Your welcome to visit and post on our little thread anyway. People with a sense of humor always welcome and apprecitated.

Lanae

Quote:
See what? Where? LOL!

Your welcome to visit and post on our little thread anyway. People with a sense of humor always welcome and apprecitated.

Lanae

thumbsup.gif

From what I got from him, that is eggs, I got two roo that had great tufts, one with a single tuft and three clean heads. So if i culled the same way he is doing then I would only have two roos. I am going to try to cull that way once I get going but I don't know if it will matter because the size and amount of tufts are hard to breed for I think. Illia is that what you have seen also?

Quote:
So far, this is how mine have played out. Haven't been breeding much though.

From -

Male A, 1 big tuft 1 medium tuft, both horizontal - 1 with only one sagging large tuft, 2 with one little tuft, one large very upright tuft, 1 with equally medium tufts, both curly slightly upward, 1 with equally large tufts, one sagging and one horizontal

Male B, bilateral, equal sized, large tufts; both sag but one more than the other - 1 with equally small bilateral tufts, both horizontal

Female A, 1 big tuft 1 medium tuft, big one is large and curls upward, small one curls downward - 1 with one big tuft, one small tuft, same as mother but on opposite sides of face, 1 with one medium tuft, one small tuft, both horizontal

It's a beautiful Sunday so I took some pictures.
Here is a new picture of my first chick. She is looking good!
99716_sam_1667_crop.jpg

Here she is as a chick.
99716_sam_1415_crop.jpg

Here is the rest of the crew.
99716_sam_1664_crop.jpg

Here are the proud parents.
99716_sam_1683_crop.jpg

Momma showing off her tufts.
99716_sam_1698_crop.jpg

I have some more chicks that are in the, half feather, half fluff stage that is not so cute. I will take more pics in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom